Author Topic: PBSDND  (Read 1423 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
PBSDND
« on: August 09, 2003, 02:31:10 AM »
So apparently, PBS is airing a documentary made about D&D. Has anyone heard about this? Anyone know when it's airing.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: PBSDND
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2003, 04:57:42 PM »
pbs.org

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 12:50:33 AM »
I went to pbs.org where there was information on the series airing the show but not about the documentary itself or when it's showing.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 02:43:28 AM »
From the WOTC website http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Movie_Bio.asp
Dave Arneson

Dave Arneson brings together a wide range of experience and abilities, including writing, designing, and management. Working with educators as far away as Brazil, he has been active in special education for gifted children, including supporting roleplaying as an effective educational tool. His monumental work in the field of roleplaying has withstood the test of time and a wealth of imitators. His original innovations remain in use today, and he has continued designing and publishing roleplaying games...

...Produced and directed, with John Kentner, Dragons in the Basement, a video history of the first ten years of roleplaying games, to be aired on PBS and the Sci-Fi Channel, Spring of 2000

and here from gamers.com

this one has clips!!!

http://www.gamers.com/news/349480
« Last Edit: August 11, 2003, 02:48:14 AM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 02:55:11 AM »
There's a link on PBS.org that will take you (by zip code) to a local PBS website (KBYU and KUED in our case).  There you can find listings.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.