Author Topic: Weird Wars Viet Nam  (Read 1571 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Weird Wars Viet Nam
« on: November 10, 2003, 01:20:39 PM »
So Ive been working on a supplement to Pinnacles Savage Worlds System... Weird Wars Vietnam and being as Pinnacles World War II Wierd Wars (for d20) dealt with magic and the occult, I though I'd take a little detour. So while building the campaign I went out and bought 4 bags of plastic soldiers and a big old bin of plastic Dinosaurs.... thats right Dinosaurs... Ive decided that the Wierd Element of this WW Campaign will be a sort of Lost World theme. I lucked out with the soldiers too. they came with sandbag bunkers and barbed wire and since I bough 4 packs I have Buku barbed wire.... The Dinos also came with trees and rocks!!! WooHoo!!!!

Anyhow I've been doing a lot of research added a few rules easter eggs (though not many since the Pinnacle Web Site has a Savage Vietnam adventure) and Im ready to start writing the campaign now.

The Idea is while transporting some VIPa (Playboy Bunnys) the characters flight of Hueys gets shot down behind a low ridge in the jungle west of Khe Sahn Near the Laotian border. They salvage what they can from their wreck just before a dinosaur eats their radio and need to get back to Khe Sahn through NVa Jungle patrols, Strange Villages of really primitive people (Rakashas and Lizard men) lots of Dinosaurs and of Course the siege at Khe Sahn.

Anyone who wants to help is welcome, (although owners of savage worlds are preferred) and will get their name in the credits. I plan to market this to Pinnacle as a Savage Tales PDF.

What I could use some help with....
some research on Montagnard religion ( a paragraph or two)
US Army ( I Corps) Units in Khe Sahn (not Marines)
A good Vietnam Era map of Khe Sahn area.
Vietnamese Money Scans,
Drawings of character templates (playboy bunny, aircraft commander, Crewman, Crewchief, Grunt, CIDG, Bru Tribesman, SOG SSGT, Medic, Photojournalist, Kit Carson Scout and others)
Any other Vietnam related stuff.

If your interested Email me. [email protected]
thanks

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Weird Wars Viet Nam
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 01:41:19 PM »
urge... to edit.... uncontrollable...

it's "beaucoup" The word is French. also, I'm pretty sure it's Raksasha. Though I'd have to get back to you on that. They're primarily east Indian/Hindu demons, so I wouldn't make them primitive people..

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 02:49:57 PM »
Well theyre a basic race in Savage Worlds (called Rakashans) , and I thought it'd be kind of cool. The Lizard men are called Saurians and fit with the who dino theme Im cookin up....

Rakashans p21 savage worlds
many Science fiction and fantasy stories feature human-animal hybrids. Cat people are perhaps most common, and make intersting characters for truely unusual sword and sorcery tales, anime epics or science fiction sagas.
"Rakashans" have the forms of humans with the features of fealines. Their particular look depends on the setting, but the bright colors of tigers, or even the exotic look of siamese cats are all appropriate. They have sharp claws and teeth and a cruel nature when it comes to dealing with their prey.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2003, 02:58:03 PM by ElJeffe »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 03:10:39 PM »
Yeah, looks like they're stealing from Hindu mythology. Eh. I steal from myths all the time. If it's something already in the rule book, I say run with it.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 05:56:22 PM »
Yeah I was gonna make them lost civilizations, with the Lizardmen (saurians) and their dinosaur mounts vs/ the Rakashans and their NVA Allies. Initially the Grunts get on everyones bad side, and its up to them to find allies, neutralize the threat and get back to Khe Sahn.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 07:36:14 PM »
There are going to be human vietnamese too, right? you don't want this to appear racist in any way.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 07:51:06 PM »
of course, these are tribes isolated in the mountains and not the Vietnamese or Montagnards

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 12:06:08 AM »
Jeffe, I just wanted to let you know that they are doing a Savage Weird Wars Vietnam.  It was announced as one of the opening ideas in the time of the Test Drive, but no release has been set.  

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 12:18:16 AM »
I know, its intended to be a Savage Tale and not a world book.... Im going to do it anyway because its my next game setting and I see no reason to wait for tour of darkness.
Plus I think Dinos are cooler than giant bats
but thanks!
Anyhow maybe I can beat them to it :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 12:20:22 AM by ElJeffe »