Author Topic: D&D and Children  (Read 1325 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
D&D and Children
« on: November 27, 2003, 05:05:32 PM »
So I saw this link on WotC website and opened it. It was lots of fun, if not very cheesy. But in hind sight, it can be a powerful tool in converting the young and impressionable to the wonders of rpgs.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20031127a
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: D&D and Children
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 06:25:40 PM »
Ummmmm... ok.  Sure.  Why not.  Highly preferrable to the Book of Erotic Fantasy that just came out with the OGL.  I think we need to really make an effort into getting younger kids into the hobby.  RPGs CAN compete with Yu Gi Oh and the like when it comes to kids.  It is all a matter of making a rules-lite, brighly colored package with lots of style, but still some real substance.  I am currently working on an introductory superhero game (most kids would rather be Batman than Conan) where my goal is for it to be simple enough that a ten year old could teach it to an eight year old, and they would both love it enough to come back for more.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: D&D and Children
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 09:16:58 PM »
hey. that rules. not that my wife would let me actually give them to my kids