Author Topic: New and Very Cool  (Read 1466 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
New and Very Cool
« on: November 27, 2003, 11:08:23 PM »
Here are some products that are not well known, but are amongst the finest products that I have seen recently:

Testament: Biblical RPG by Green Ronin, incredible reading and many different styles of play available.  Possibly the best d20 product ever, even more than Mutants & Masterminds, and that isn't something I say lightly.

Skull & Bones:  Pirates, Green Ronin style.  All you could ever want to know about pirates, voodoo, ships, and the lives of the desperate in the Carribean.  Green Ronin is definitely the company to watch.

Grimm:  d20 in the world of children's fairy tales turned sick and twisted.  Very innovative stuff.

Deathstalkers: A couple of years old, but a great and massive dark fantasy RPG that does things with combat systems that would make other games shake in their boots.  Mostly easy system (non d20) with incredible maps and storyline.  

Okay, those are just a few I can think of right now.  I'll add some more later.  Basically, I want to let people know about some of the more awesome games out there that aren't as well known as they should be because they are not backed by White Wolf or WotC.  

If anybody out there has any personal faves that are not household names but should be, let me know.  I'm always on the lookout for something new and innovative, even if we never actually play it.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: New and Very Cool
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 01:08:53 AM »
One game that I love that, while not new, should not be missed if you can find a copy is The Adventures of Baron Munchousen (sp).

It was one of Hogshead's "New Style" games that they put out before they closed.  A VERY different type of role playing game and quite possiibly the most entertaining rulebook ever.  Great stuff!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 01:24:10 AM »
Yes, I have a copy of Baron Muchausen.  A great game to play while drunk, may I add.  I picked it up on my trip to free the people of the moon from the tyranny of the Tiger People, where I managed to narrowly escape certain death at the hands of the Black Czar by seducing the Princess of the Tiger People into freeing me from his unwholesome dungeons.  And that, my friend, is the truth. (as Baron Munchausen would say)
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 09:49:09 AM »
Thats a load of Rubbish, why everyone knows that the Tiger people live only on Venus,
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 02:36:07 PM »
I reviewed that. Not a very good review, but there you go. Thought it was a wonderful idea. Could also be adapted to forums i reckon, it would be just like a "word association" thread. Only infinitely more interesting.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2003, 08:36:01 PM »
I'm interested in getting Baron, mainly because it's of the new style of collaborative roleplaying games, something that interests me greatly. I recently had a game of Wraiths, another collaborative game, and found it extremely enjoyable.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy