Author Topic: Introduce yourself - right on!  (Read 189282 times)

Sboihah

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • My avitar goes here.
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2003, 04:40:07 AM »
Greetings and sals. I'm Henry,  live in Chicago.  Graduated from a little junior college with a liberal arts degree... Worked here and there, now I run heavy equipment, it pays well, I like it. I have a 20 month old son and a fiancee. Hell I am sitting up bored, figured I would waste some time. Will probably comment on just about everything, you probably won't be able to translate most of it........... 8)
Head first.

Brian

• Level 10
  • Wisdom is the Pure Application of Knowledge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2003, 02:13:53 PM »
Hey all. My name is Brian Lacy, and I currently live in Salt Lake City, Utah (although the past few years have been spent jumping around between Provo, Salt Lake, and Cache Valley).

Unlike the majority of Utah residents here, I am NOT and never have been a BYU student. I met Eric Ehlers (SaintEhlers) when we were working together in Provo, and he turned me into a D&D buff. While living in Provo I also had the priviledge of meeting several of Eric's TLE associates.

My passion and expertise is in designing computer games. I do it as a hobby currently, but I have dreams of becoming the next Warren Spector (the designer of System Shock, Deus Ex) or Peter Molyneaux (Populous, Black & White). Hopefully I'll be going back to school this fall to work toward this goal.

Since joining yesterday, I have read several of the reviews in various areas, and I'm sure I'll read more, they seem very practical. I even found myself guiltily enjoying Sluggy Freelance based on a recommendation from the site. :)

But I'm actually here because SaintEhlers might possibly move his AORP game here, and because I found myself enjoying the read in the Heroes Unlimited game run by Fellfrosch.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2003, 04:10:11 PM »
I'm Brandon Sanderson--author, philanthropist, Evil Overlord.

Sprig is my brother, and Tage is my roommate.  I divide my time between teaching creative writing and freshman comp at BYU, working on my Master's Degree, and writing.  

My first published novel, ELANTRIS, will be released by Tor Books in May of 2005.  It sure would be nifty if you'd buy a copy.  If you don't, I'll have to send Entropy to your house to beat you up.

Like Vishnu, I am everywhere and nowhere at once.  You shall see me but you shall not know me.  I am the forespoken participant in the unirrelevant intricacies of the forum environment.  

« Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 09:00:13 PM by EUOL »
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2003, 12:33:07 AM »
I'm Izzy Teichrieb, soon to be Whiting. I graduated from BYU with a Bachelor's in English from Brigham Young University. Which is to say that I work as an Admin in American Fork.

I enjoy playing Dynasty Warriors 3, and roleplaying in the Hero system. I also watch girly TV shows.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2003, 01:20:57 AM »
I am Jam, you all know me by now. This here is an edit to replace the three year out of date information. It said, in basic terms, I was a 17 year old slacker at school.

Now I'm almost a 20 year old slacker at uni.

EDIT: Now I AM a 20 year old, but still a slacker at uni.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 07:54:18 PM by JamPaladin »
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

fnord

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2003, 09:50:03 PM »
Hello,
 My name is Rob, I'm a recovered MUDder and a recovering RPGer.  For what its worth (not too much, as it turned out) I graduated from Trinity College in CT with a BA in philosophy.  I went straight into the computer programming industry, doing mainly IT programming.  For example, go into any barnes and noble and take a look at the computers they're using - my roommate and I wrote much of the software you'll see there.  Anyway, my preferences are battletech muds though I had to give them up cold turkey, and RPGs such as Call of Cthulhu, Cyberpunk 2020 and Mage.  D&D bores me to tears unless the DM is really good.  All my favorite CCGs died off years ago, don't get into them any more.  I also have found very few people near me in California who play RPGs, so I haven't gamed much lately.  I still enjoy reading the rule books though.  Aside from all that, I'm married, no kids, and spend my free time riding a Kawasaki ZX-6R and learning Chinese.

dinodynamo

• Level 2
  • Live forever or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2003, 06:01:08 PM »
Well, my name is Dean Polly, I'm 19 years old and live in Helena Montana. I work through a temp agency doing data entry. It's loads of fun.

I play D&D whenever I get the chance, super nintendo/nintendo when I have friends over, and Everquest to fill the rest of my time.

I'm going to be going to Carroll College next fall, although I don't have a major, I was going to go CompSci, or something like that and get my CCNA cert, but I've decided network security isn't a job market that I'd be interested in joining.

I play guitar and play around with graphics design and programming, but that's about all I do other than play video games and watch anime.

I waste copious amounts of time at work and at home...because...well I don't know...life is easy being lazy, you never have to think of stuff to do. The other night I climbed up a hill and then came back down...that took a lot of work so I'm never doing that again...
-Yarbles!

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2003, 02:32:15 AM »
My name is Zachary.  I've lived in Utah County all my life and don't really plan on moving, although I've visited over 20 states so I figure I have a good idea of what's out there.  I grew up on a fruit farm and still do that, and I enjoy it so chances are I will continue farming the rest of my life even if I end up getting some other cool job.  I'll likely end up in the computer field, which I don't consider a cool job but its a natural talent so that's hard to argue.

I obviously like roleplaying games, and my favorite is the new dugeons and dragons system.  I joined 42's gaming group in august iirc, which is how I came about this website btw.  I really enjoy making up characters, to use in RPGs or stories or just to make up a cool hero, so that's probably the main reason why I'm drawn to roleplaying games.  I also prefer older stuff to more modern things, and rpgs kind of let you take a glimpse into the past, another reason why I'm drawn to them.  Also, my favorite kinds of characters are the dark, brooding sort with my two favorite archtypes the hulking Conan/He-man barbarian and the strong, nimble fighter like Highlander, Angel, and Vampire Hunter D.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:55:16 AM by Eagle Prince »
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Onion of Death

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2004, 06:56:56 PM »
My name is Ryan Strobe and I am fifteen years old. The other Ryan (Gorgon) and I both live in Highland, Michigan.

Me and GorgonTheWonderCow found this website somehow. And we decided to start posting.

I'm a huge PC Rpg fan, and I am in the middle of building a Space Marines army. It's kind of tough to balance the two, due to the fact that I have no real way of getting money.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 12:14:25 PM by OnionofDeath »
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2004, 12:58:36 PM »
My name is Krista and I'm Ben's little sister. Yes, I also went to BYU and graduated in Elementary Education. Needless to say, there were very few people to talk to about video games or rpgs in my major. I'm currently back at school pursueing a degree in Computer Science. I think it suits my personality much better than El. Ed.  

I'm not exacly new, but I think my post count is one of the smallest. I mostly read what everyone else writes in the movies, books, music, and general sections.

Oh, and since we're all giving our age, I'm 25. So don't mistake me for a teenager just cause I'm your roommates little sister!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 11:28:12 PM by Tekiel »
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2004, 10:37:50 PM »
hello...I'am the fuzzy one... master of fuzzy zen. that and extended time in my presence can cause 1. questioning of sanity 2. major head trips 3. loss of sanity 4. senile dementia 5. every mental problem known to man,. I'm not joking ask any of my freinds, they chose my avatar because they thought i was erily similar to leo, me personally i've only seen vg cats once or twice, 3 days ago
birthdate:09/17/88
nationality:Irish, karegaine, antrimm
name" Ezeekial Arkalith Simon Maxwell Perry Wiley-Raden or "fuzzy for short"
hobbies:blacksmithing, cooking, eating, drawing, outdorrsy type stuff, martial arts, writing.
Interests: old movies, thermodynamics(applied to astrophysics){entropy} religious studies, ancient studies, arcane studies, geomancing as practical application, cooking, and hangin out.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 05:35:26 PM by arkalith »
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Sminja

• Level 10
  • I'm the productive one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2004, 07:22:07 PM »
My name is Sam Sweney, and most of my life I've lived in the beautiful suburbs of Santa Barbara, CA. I have two siblings, and I'm currently in high school. My interests include candle-lit dinners and long walks on the beach...just kidding. I like video games, RPgs especially, so if you know of any good ones, feel free to give me a holler. Anyway, thats basically me, sooo, yeah...I will try not to spam too much, and if I'm annoying anyone with my useless bantering thought just type "smack to the head" and I will possibly stop. Hehe. Later.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2004, 07:23:58 PM by samdaman360 »
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2004, 08:12:46 PM »
My name's Megan Kauffman, née Schoonover - the middle word being a fancy French way of saying that Schoonover is my maiden name.  As attached to it as I was, I like to think I upgraded.

Even though I'm just posting this now, I've actually been a member of this board for almost 2 years, according to my profile, (that's kind of scary!).  I'm going to graduate from BYU this summer with a degree in English.  It's not so bad, and I have an excuse to read a lot, which I would do anyway, so I might as well get a degree out of it.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2004, 03:05:57 PM »
I figured that it was finally time to introduce myself.  I've been here on the boards since the inception of the site, pretty much--I just don't post very often. (I also didn't read anything on the board other than AORP for over a year).

My name is Kristina Kugler (It was Kristina Roggio), and I'm graduating with my master's in English this April. I'm also going to BYU.  I'm one of the TLE people (I'm the current editor, actually), and I am an editor by profession.

Sig

• Level 4
  • White Mage needs food badly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2004, 05:24:16 PM »
Hello.

I am Sig, Master of Dimentia.

Name: Nick Senzamici

I have come from the Abyss to unleash my Penquin-like wrath upon you all. I am also the reason T.F.O. put down senile dimentia as a side effect. :P
"I try to surround myself with people smarter than me, and so far I've done pretty well. Except for Noah."

The Sniper. Reach out and touch somebody.

"Someone...tree...in...cat...help"