Author Topic: Introduce yourself - right on!  (Read 189336 times)

kaiyatomiko

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #195 on: February 12, 2008, 01:19:52 AM »
Hiya ^_^!!!

My names Hannah and at the moment I live in southern Switzerland (and for all you uneducated people I don't speak swiss ( as it's not a language) but italian) and have done for the past  two and a half years. I'm a typical red head with fair skin and blue eyes and a tendancy to fry in the sun. At the moment I'm 19 going 20 in June and I'm studying in some weird art college which does a range of subjects from:
Observational Drawing
Technical Drawing
Theory or Form and Colour
to
German, English and Italian
History of Art and History
etc.....
I love painting, drawing and listening to music. I'm addicted to rock and metal - especially Within Temptation and Kamelot at the moment. Though it can really change!!
I live with my very large and noisy family and never have peace and quiet!!
I joined this site when I followed link after link to here after I found out about the new author for The Wheel of Time.
I'm from England and travelled around before coming here (following my dad's work lol) and enjoy photographing the surrounding area which is spectacular!
I love manga and have found a fantastic website where you can read masses on the internet co I'm hooked for the moment.
As I can't think of anything else to say I'm gonna finish this post here... so....... Hiya to everyone again!!!

Felastizairu

• Level 3
  • Defies gravity, and therefore physics.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 17, 2008, 06:36:50 AM »
Hello all!  My name is Danielle and I reside in good old Happy Valley.  I'm 20 years old and a professed nerd.  I currently attend school at BYU where I'm studying biochemistry.  I can't precisely pinpoint when I started avidly reading fantasy, but it was at a young age.  I love to plunge into a fantastical world where I don't have to think about the mounds of homework waiting for me in reality.  To the great displeasure of my parents, I adore a good video game, preference going to RPGs such as Final Fantasy and also a good round of Super Smash Bros. Melee with my brothers (I can't wait for Brawl!).  I wouldn't say I'm a writer, but it's an ephemeral dream of mine to write a book.  Lastly, my range of interests includes music, and I can play 5 instruments (clarinet, saxophone, piano, organ, and flute).
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
~Thomas

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2008, 08:05:55 PM »
Hello, I'm Kathy and though a devoted lurker, I figured I would come out of hiding in case I ever have something I need to say.  I am  compulsive reader, mostly science fiction and fantasy, with history, science, and anything else that looks interesting added to the mix.  I have been keeping track of the books I've read since Sept. for my own curiosity and I'm now at about 60.  So I love new book referals. 
I am also the mother of 5 children, ages 9-1, so using complete sentences not related to bodily funtions or homework is a challenge for me sometimes.  I live in Moab,UT, work only at home for no pay and have a BA from BYU in English, with minors in both math and physics.  I figure I have a general knowledge of a lot of things, but specific knowlege in only a few, but I do know how to use both a search engine and a card catalog, so that's all right.

curiousgifts

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Curious Gifts
« Reply #198 on: February 26, 2008, 03:28:19 AM »
Hello,

I am new to the site, but I like what I see so far.  I am a Sci-Fi kind of guy re: WOT, Mistborn Trilogy Etc...

I love special effects in movies. I love Movies, Books, Great video games, Basically I just love good entertainment.

Talk to you Soon,

Dan
The Grass is Green
The Sun is Warm

Amciel

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 29, 2008, 06:35:18 AM »
Well, I knew reading everyday would eventually pay off!  My name is Megan Lloyd, And I just discovered Brandon's Mistborn Trilogy--For the first time in my life I can declare my favorite book!  In exactly three weeks and one term, I will graduate Lone Peak High School and head off to BYU to earn a degree in international relations.  I'm a regular LTUE attender and one day dream of being an author/panelist, shamelessy touting my own work.

Excited to be here!

McL

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 29, 2008, 10:32:44 PM »
Hello All!

My name is Jason and I have always been a big fan of Sci-fi and Fantasy, whether it be books, movies, video games, whatever.  I am married and have two children ages 18 months and 6 months (that's right, one year apart).  I am also not afraid of the occaisional spirited debate, so feel free disagree with my opinions, just remember to bring your "A" game! :)  My ADD is now taking over, so I can't think of anything else to say right now.  Oh, one more thing: the Mistborn series is the best I've read since the Wheel of Time, and I can't wait to see what EUOL does with A Memory of Light.  Not surprisingly, RJ's wife made a great choice.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Yelenia

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 03, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »
Hi, I'm Rachel, 25, and I live in Texas. I've been a WoT reader for many years, and when Brandon Sanderson was picked to finish it up, I decided I needed to have a look-see. Very pleased I did! It was only a matter of time before I signed in here to talk spoilers with other fans :D

I'm a D*con goer, and a costumer, game a bit, and generally just a dork. I'm finishing up my BA in history at the University of St. Thomas, and I work as a secretary in Galveston, Texas.

So, yea. Hihi :D

BDagger

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • Final Fantasy Exodus
« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2008, 09:18:12 AM »
I must shamelessly admit that Brandon Sanderson's WoT gig drew me here.  Strangely during my time at BYU I never found my way to this forum - guess I spent too much time in the Theatre department  and not enough time in the English department.

I am an avid sci-fi/fantasy reader and devour just about anything good I can get my hands on - most recently the fabulous Mr. Sanderson's complete works to date.  I am also a huge fan of console RPG's, particularly the Final Fantasy series, for which I webmistress a fan-site.  When I'm not at my less-than-perfect job grooming dogs I divide most of my time between reading, video games, and writing.  I'm an aspiring writer but I'm also working my way into the video game industry as a game designer.

I also spend some of my free time watching anime, reading manga, and participating in anime conventions (and yes I cosplay).

Mostly I'm here for suggestions on new books to read and perhaps writing tips from others pursuing a writing career.  I'll probably drop into the video game forum too.

ImMe

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »
I've been a mostly silent lurker here for a few years, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I feel less creepy that way.

My name is Karen, and I am a few months away from a PhD in Biochemistry at BYU. I've been a Sanderson fan since I happened upon Elantris in a local bookstore, and have been eagerly awaiting each new addition to my bookshelf.

Comatose

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 1
  • A Shard of Adonalsium
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 29, 2008, 01:12:10 AM »
Hey, I'm back, I had an account here before, but I deleted it for some reason.  My name's Matt, and I'm from the exotic and flat land of Saskatchewan, Canada.  Yes that's right, Canada.  I enjoy reading, playing the occaisional video game, theorizing about books and tv shows, making up stories, trying to write down stories (I'm working on that), and playing badminton, and a little bit of soccer (although I'm not very good.)  Umm, I'm 17, going to a private dorm school, umm, what else.  I guess I just like to waste time basically
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:46:58 PM by Comatose »
"Look, I'm just trying to change the world, okay?  I don't have time for a grudge match with every poser in a parka!"
- Dr. Horrible

"There's always another secret..."
- Kelsier

nass

• Level 1
  • Webmaster & Game Lord, wotmud.org/
    • View Profile
    • Wheel of Time MUD
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2008, 12:39:32 PM »
Hello there :) Like many of the recent additions I came here through the whole "new wot author" thing, but I have to say I'm wondering why I didn't find or use this forum as it's not often that you find a forum with a general sense of humour and span of interests that closely match your own :)

Self summary: A 40+ web geek type with 2 kids who likes his fantasy. Favourite reads are fantasy novels with a sense of humour, also a big fan of Julian May's sagas. Claim to fame: Wikipedia thinks I was the inventor of open source journalism whilst I was an Editor at Jane's.

Anyhow, fun stuff here, I especially like the images done in lolcats =)

Johan
"Nass"

Vintage

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2008, 01:04:35 AM »
Hi ! My name is Louise and - I feel so unique - got to finally end up here after reading all of Brandon Sanderson's books just to get to see what type of author he is to accept writing the last volume of the WoT. I am ashame to confess that I had no clue of who he was till THE news !

I am always starving for a good read but I never just read a book... I read the author. Bad habit, I know, but I wont change that.

I'm also a big PC Rpg player\writer. English is not my first language, so please excuse any major mistake in my writing.

I'm also happily married and a mother of two young adults as crazy as I, but I guess, crazyness has to be not such a bad thing after all.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 12:00:48 PM by Vintage »

nimdok

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2008, 04:17:18 AM »
Hmmm...  where to begin?

I'm in my mid-30s.  Married with two kids.  Self-employed.

My favorite movies are The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Dr. Zhivago, To Have and Have Not, and . . . those are the ones I can think of at the moment.

As far as books, I like science fiction, preferably writers like Alastair Reynolds and Charles Stross.  But I like most other kinds of books as well.  Right now I'm reading A Tale of Two Cities by Dickens.  Before that I read The World Crisis by Winston Churchill.  Aaaand before that I read Rainbows End by Vernor Vinge.

I am fond of wasting time, which is what brought me here. 

SleChY

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2008, 03:26:09 PM »
I'm Paul Lievers, 24,  and I'm currently living back in Belgium after spending some years in South-Africa work-wise. I guess I'm one of those people that eventually came here because of the fact that Brandon will be finishing the WoT series and got hooked reading his books. Thumbs up and will be scrolling this forum when I have the time!

AvalonDreamer

• Level 8
  • Boy Genius - Grown Up... Kinda.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 08, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »
Hello,

My name is Cirius Price and I'm 18 (almost 19). I'm a student of Computer Science in N. Cal (graduating next spring with a bachelors), and I came to this board after finding the link from Brandon's site (I'm one of those people that had to make sure the Legacy was being taken care of by the right person), and I'm very happy that I did.

I currently do contract programming jobs for various companies around the world, when I'm not stuck in class or rereading WoT/Elantris/Mistborn. Try not to get too flustered at my posts, as I do have a bit of ADD and a flair for trying to get people to think in new ways (not that that is a problem here ^^).
My friends held an intervention, to stop my ridiculous plans to take over the world (Jake ended up in the hospital). I convinced them to let me take over other worlds though.

*Evil grin*

RIP: James Oliver Rigney, Jr.