Author Topic: Introduce yourself - right on!  (Read 189286 times)

Kaldric

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2007, 10:24:45 PM »
Hi.  I'm new.

I've been to the site several times before, but I didn't sign up for the forums until just recently, mainly because of Brandon Sanderson's announcement.

I grew up in Utah County, but I live in Logan, now.  This looks like a good forum, and I hope to enjoy my stay.  It should be a prolonged one.
Of course, [Quixote] carried it a bit too far. He thought that every windmill was a giant. That's insane. But, thinking that they might be...

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2007, 08:35:39 PM »
Hello,

I am new here. I am an artist, poet, writer from Washington DC.
I enjoy the fantasy genre.
Religiously I'm Mormon and politically I'm Independent and sick of bipartisanism. :D

I'm here because of the Wheel of Time, I'm staying because of the quality of community and excellence of Brandon Sanderson's writing.
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

Flian

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 20, 2007, 10:04:02 PM »
*upon the flames of hell I rode, and then my arse got burned*

Hello everyone, my name is Flian (thats not true thats my game name) and I'm a WOTaholic.  yes I'm that idiot with a Hardback WOT book 1 that is um, falling apart cause I've read it too many times.  So I came here like every other WOT fan.  Time shall show if I stay or go.

My name is Jeremiah, I live in Alaska, I'm the furthest thing from Mormon though I married one (figure that gives me a 2nd chance if I'm wrong)  If you care, I love photography, video games, and a good book.  I've been known to write from time to time, though nothing of great magnitude, as I've not found the story that I need to tell the world. 

Its a pleasure to see everyone and if things go well I shall know you all better in due time.

jere

medikman

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2007, 11:46:09 PM »
Well it appears that I have followed some of the masses after the announcement about Brandon Sanderson finishing the Wheel of Time. I just finished Mistborn yesterday and have become a fan

Anyway my name is Mason and live in Tooele Ut. surrounded by all the fun chemical depots. I am the director of the ambulance service here and am going to school full time for Health Administration.  I don't tend to be a super active poster but I try, it will probably take me a while to get through all of the current topics and posts though.

Mason
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

Pygmalion

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2007, 01:18:40 AM »
Hi.... I can never decide if I feel more or less comfortable introducing myself via the internet to people I don't know or vice versa...

Anyway, I've been one of those sneaky site lurkers for some months now. However, school commitments have been my main focus for most of the time, and thus my internet time suffers...

But now I'm on Christmas break for almost another month, and I plan to do absolutely nothing but read, surf the net, and generally do as I please.

*waves*

Nice to meet you all.

:)
"Vision is the art of seeing the invisible" - Jonathan Swift

Crux

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 10, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »
Hello everyone!  My name is Tyler.  I'm 24 years old and have an AE in Electro-Mechanical Engineering (which I only mention because apparently having a degree is important...).  Currently I work for a company as a Computer Aided Draftsman and do a little self taught programming on the side to assist in automated drafting (mostly in AutoLISP, but yesterday I wrote my first VB program for Solidworks woot!).

Today is my first day visiting this site and grats to me for first introduction post of the new year!  I wandered on over here from Brandon Sanderson's site.  Been a huge fan of all his work since I picked up Elantris from the new release stand a few years back.  I typically just lurk sites like this but decided to register after I read through the FAQ.  The community peaked my interest.

I actually don't read books that often.  Just happened to be fortunate enough to pick up Elantris.  Video games on the other hand are one of my passions.  I have been playing video games as far back as I can remember.  Online most people know me by Crux.  Crux is my MMORPG character on Final Fantasy XI.  I've been hopelessly addicted to the game since the NA PS2 release.  Mostly I stick to RPG and FPS, and occasionally I'll pick up a fighter or an action/adventure.

Video games as I mentioned are just one of my passions, the other being movies.  I LOVE movies.  I'm not biased to one genre or another, I can and do watch movies from any genre.  I love owning movies as well, I don't pirate or download movies though so it's a pretty expensive addiction...  My Final Fantasy XI endgame linkshell, Foobar, has a php board that I post movie reviews on for fun.  I haven't been doing it long/often but I think I'm getting better at it.  Maybe I'll submit some movie reviews here eventually.  Feel free to visit foobarhq.com though to see some of my reviews.  I don't frequent the theater anymore though, so most of my "new" reviews are for movies that have just been released on DVD, BR, or HDDVD.

Oh one last thing, I relish a good religous debate.  I noticed quite a few verteran members are relgious, so if one breaks out, I'm there!

~Crux

davenporter

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2008, 08:43:05 AM »
Hello!

My name is Ben, and I'm currently studying vocal performance at Western Washington University.  I found this forum through Brandon Sanderson's site after reading Elantris, and I probably won't be posting much, but I figured I'd poke my head in here nonetheless.  So... hi! :)

Ratlord12

« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2008, 02:17:14 AM »
Yo! My name is not for anyone here to know because I'm excessively paranoid. I'm in my early twenties and am currently confused about my sexuality. I'm an ambivalent fantasy/mainstream writer, and I'm an atheist who will convert any ear capable of hearing.

I also DM 3.5 D&D, though I'm pissed that I spent all that money now that 4.0 debuts this year. I'm currently training for several types of welding at a "civilian conservation center" deep within a national forest and I need someone to bust me outta here, seriously. Please. PLEASE!

As my username suggests, I have an unusual affinity for rats and am devoted to furthering the rodent agenda.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 04:53:57 PM by Ratlord12 »

Reckalie

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2008, 09:37:18 PM »
Hey, I'm Becky and I'm new here.  I found this forum via Brandon Sanderson's website.  I'm big into reading fantasy books, and I am a long time fan of WOT.  I'm also a long time fan of Brandon Sanderson, which brought me here.  I took the class he taught on Scifi writing at BYU.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2008, 08:02:31 PM »
Hello all!!! Like others before me I am WOTaholic and am very impressed with Mr. Sanderson works. After reading a couple of his books, Warbreaker v3.0 and the first Mistborn, I am now a huge fan. This seems like a good forum for myself as I am into reading, fantasy especially but other genres as well, video games, music mostly metal, all kinds of movies and just recently began to dabble in D&D again. As for that last one I'm not sure I like how rapidly they are introducing new versions. But, anyways hello everyone!
“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 24, 2008, 10:21:24 PM »
I actually don't think I've ever been in this thread before...  :-\ but welcome! And this is probably the last time I'll remember to look at this thread, so to everyone that goes beyond my post welcome to you too.

n8sumsion

• Level 2
    • View Profile
Re: Re-Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2008, 06:55:27 PM »
I thought it might be good to re-introduce myself. I haven't been on the site for a couple of years, and am just recently returning to the forums. Who knows, maybe I'll stick around this time. This is basically what I wrote the first time I introduced myself, but I've updated it to be more current.

My name is Nathan Sumsion. I'm a graduate from USU in Graphic Design, and for the past 10 years I've been a video game designer in Salt Lake, Germany, and North Carolina. I've worked on Dead Head Fred, Disney's Meet the Robinsons, Dora the Explorer: Journey to the Purple Planet, Spy Vs. Spy, Robotech: Invasion, Far Cry, Legends of Wrestling 2, Circus Maximus, and Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000. Currently I'm living in Salt Lake City, working for Avalanche Software / Disney Interactive.

I'm married with 3 kids, the oldest boy is almost 5. My wife hit level 70 in World of Warcraft before I did, and now her entire family is playing. Her mom was actually the first in the family to have her alt hit 70 also. So they put up with my gaming ways.

I've played role-playing games for the past... uh, 28 years I guess. Favorites are D&D, Call of Cthulhu, Stormbringer, World of Darkness, and basically anything I could find a group of people willing to play with me. Currently I'm also really in to German boardgames and other ways to waste my time.

Big horror movie and sci-fi movie nut. Former comic junkie (my budget couldn't keep up with the habit once my son was born), but I work with enough guys who still collect that I can usually read over their shoulders on lunch breaks.

It goes without saying I'm a big video game player. Currently playing World of Warcraft, Mass Effect, Guitar Hero 3, Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

Looking forward to reading regularly in the forums.

anubis

« Reply #192 on: February 02, 2008, 05:14:55 PM »
Hi.  ;D i am an avid reader. I make movies and digital art. i play as many games as i can afford to buy and im not shabby with a rifle. this is me, this is who i am. lol.

White

• Level 5
  • (is largely not of this world)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #193 on: February 02, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »
Alright, so Howdy y'all.

I'm Tegan Hooper (and for the record = Female), I live in sunny old Perth, Western Australia. I am 19 years old and in March will start on my third year of my Bachelor Degree in Design majoring in Illustration. I like getting into intellectual discussions about low brow subjects - it seems quasi-dirty somehow to be using very intellectual arguments to debate things which are (basically) entirely inane.

I write and work on the development of a couple of my own graphic/novel manga and have been for a few years now. I like to do writing writing as well but often fail at resisting the temptation not to draw in my margins.

Anyway, I really do love Design and illustration, it's totally my vocation so if anyone ever wants some help drawing something up or whatever or wants to offer suggestions for illustrations (as I'm currently building my working portfolio) I'm usually fairly keen and open.

Uh, I also read Jame's Gurney (illustrator/author of Dinotopia)'s blog which is fascinating for all visually expressive people (animators, comickers, artists, whatever).

I look forward to encountering you all throughout the forums~!
Clyde Bruckman: You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than auto-erotic asphyxiation.
Mulder: Why are you telling *me* that?
Clyde Bruckman: Look, forget I mentioned it. It's none of my business.

Clio

• Level 1
    • View Profile
Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #194 on: February 10, 2008, 02:48:23 AM »
Well, I just finished Elantris, which i thoroughly enjoyed! I discovered Sandersons' books through Jordans' Wheel of time and I'm glad i did. Back in December i brought the 1st part of the 1st WOT book from my local library...having read trough the whole published series by middle of January, i googled to find out when the last one would be coming out, and that was when i found out Mr Jordan had passed aways last year. Reading through his blog, i decided to get acquainted with the author who would finish his work and am very glad i did...
So, to present my self: my name is Alexandra, i'm a 32 year old wannabe historian who ended up working her whole life in aviation... more importantly, I'm a full time fantasy and sci-fi devourer of books. I was lucky enough to profit from my mother's vast collection of books from early age and although i read pretty much any thing, i always return to my ever favorites  (the 2 above mentioned genres). I have this terrible weakness - if a book grabs me, i wont be able to stop until i reached the last page (forget sleep, food or anything that comes between me and my book!)
I currently leave in London, although I'm originally form Portugal.
I'm waiting for my second Sandersons' book to  arrive by post and now that i found out the Warbreaker online, wandering how can i print it with out spending to much money (can't get used to read from a screen)
Well, it seems this as become quite a long introduction so i'll be going for now.
Hope to be posting more any time soon!