Author Topic: Introduce yourself - right on!  (Read 189296 times)

medrx

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce yourself - right on!
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2006, 08:06:36 PM »
Hello all.  I'm Megan, I live in Sandy Utah, and I found this site the other night while I was fighting another round of insomnia (lost terribly I might add).  

I'm not very fond of describing myself (though if you have any questions feel free to ask), but I'm what you might call a closet geek about all this stuff.  I openly love computer based rpg's, such as Final Fantasy.  I'm a huge fan of StarWars, Farscape, and such.  I also love the Robert Jorden series "The Wheel of Time".  But have not been able to get into other types of rpg's and the like, though would like to.

I love movies, books, writing, acting, and a guilty pleasure of mine is karaoke (don't knock it till you try it).  Though except for movies and karaoke haven't been able to get into alot of much lately.  I'm hoping this site will stimulate those lost/hidden passions of mine.  

*****Update******  I'm currently doing rehersals for Peter Pan (get to be a Pirate, Yay!) at the Academy for Performing Arts, which is a non-profit family theater.  It is going to be a fun show, especially for you (I meant to say for your kids, but I guess "you kids" works as well, eh?) kids.  Come help out the arts community!  It runs Aug 11th thru Sept 9th, with Monday, Friday, and Saturday shows starting at 7:30.  For more info, check out their website at http://www.academyofpa.org/index.html************
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 08:59:14 PM by medrx »
The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

alomran

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2006, 06:39:23 PM »
I found this site searching for some nukers (thought there was a conspiracy again) and then saw this site and thought it looked fun.  hello!

blue

• Level 1
    • View Profile
    • the hollow ones
« Reply #137 on: June 22, 2006, 01:44:07 AM »
My name is Jana, and I'm a chain book reader and RPG player. Ahhh. Fantasy and YA novels. Yum. If I'm not reading, I'm writing (or at least trying to teach myself how to write.)

Got one finished novel. Another one that's 20% done.
Four more planned over the years...Mwah haa ha.

Oh yeah, and I'm a painter. The ultimate "would you like fries with that?" bachelor's degree!

I found this website through brandonsanderson.com
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 01:45:21 AM by blue »
JMD

CookieReaver

• Level 1
  • I'm a music box!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2006, 01:54:17 AM »
Hello all. I'm your friendly naborhood Cookie Reaver.

I found this site via ArchNacho and TortillaGodzilla's Quality ROMs. I've been around the site a few times, reading articles and reviews. Only recently have I been wanting to... expand my geekyness. I'm not really sure what else to say, so if you have a questions, just ask.

I should be around fairly often, posting here and there. : )

firstRainbowRose

• Level 18
  • Fell Points: 1
  • So pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 23, 2006, 07:39:11 PM »
As far as I can see, an intro isn't required, but I'm still going to post one.  So  on all of you.

I'm kind of crazy, insane, and have no idea of what's going on!  I won't be on here everyday, but I will be on here quite oftan.  I love to story RP, and write.  I'm kind of into a little bit of everything really.  I'm LDS, work at Heritage Web Solutions as an Account Manager (so if you buy a website through us, as long as you're not doing an e-commerce website, ask for me to be your account manager in your ODP.  Please... just don't yell at me!)  And... well, really that's all there is to me.
"The custom of royalty in referring to oneself is to naturally employ the royal 'we'.  We are very happy, we are very sad, we are bored and suffer from ennui.  For a royal prince there's no such word as 'me', It's always 'we'.  So rightfully I should be two or three, don't you agree?"

Richard_J_Edwards

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 26, 2006, 06:34:07 AM »
Hiya,

I'm 16, live in the UK and have just finished school, probably just to have the...um...joy of going back next year to study Computors. Ooh...how easy can it get?

I'm a self commited gamer. Over the years I've spent hundreds, if not thousands, of pounds on games of any kind.

Out of my 36 miniature armies GW stuff occupies a fair chunk at 11 armies, (6 40k, 2 fantasy and 3 Epic).

I like to write, and have recently written my own Beer 'n' pretzels RPG that need playtesting, (PM me if you want in).

Of my other hobbies, the one that stands out would be target shooting. I own a .22 rifle and a .177 air rifle.

And, um, that's mostly it. I'm keeping all the good stuff till later.

Goradel

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 26, 2006, 06:50:17 PM »
My name is Richard Gordon and I live in Orem UT with my wife.  I am a student at Utah Valley State College (UVSC) located about 6 miles west of BYU.  I’m in the business management program and I hope to be able to graduate in about a year.  I work in the construction industry doing everything that has to do with building and fixing houses.  I came to the TWG because EOUL is a friend of mine and he put me into the Mistborn books as captain Goradel (I’m famous).  Oh and I also know Sprig.  I love to read and play all sports particularly Lacrosse.      

I'm famous

chunktile

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 26, 2006, 07:06:31 PM »
Hey, my name's Nathan. I'm stacer's cousin. I really like to write and be creative. Currently I want to be an author. I live in Kansas (no Wizard of Oz jokes, please) with a crazy American Eskimo dog and my family.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 07:08:39 PM by chunktile »
If everyone is different, then no one is the same. With no definition of the normal, aren't we all insane?

RedAragorn

• Level 3
  • mmmmm...chicken
    • View Profile
    • Wandering Words
« Reply #143 on: July 27, 2006, 03:28:08 PM »
After Stacer's chastisement, I am (finally) submitting myself for introduction.  As Spriggan pointed out to me at Brandon's wedding, I was among the first to actually register at the site (in the top 10, I believe!), then proceeded to post absolutely nothing for some number of years.  Imagine that.  I entered a posting renaissance after Brandon's wedding, however, so here I am.

My name is Tom Conrad.  I was Brandon's freshman year and back from mission roommate, or, as I've heard him put it, his oldest friend (break out the cane!).  As his freshman year Magic acolyte and sometime dabbler in many things geeky, I've kept a pulse on the site here.  

I did graduate from the Y a few years back with my degree in chemical engineering and have been working for Intel ever since.  I am currently residing outside Portland, OR, although I generally claim that I'm from New Mexico.  I have a house there.  Don't ask; it's simpler that way.  I am married and we are expecting our first in a few months.  Yay!!

Oh, and I play competitive Scrabble and like to hike a lot.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 03:31:32 PM by RedAragorn »

Pemberley

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2006, 06:04:35 PM »
Okay, I've been a lurker on this site for months, but it's time to de-lurk. My name is Emily and I live in Provo, Utah.  Long, long ago I graduated from BYU in English, like a frightening number of the rest of you, but I never hung out with the TLE crew as an undergrad.  (I read it occasionally!) I went the teaching route with my English degree.  Currently I wrangle 7th and 8th graders at Centennial Middle School. I've always loved to read, especially Fantasy, and EUOL is my favorite author ever!  He also happens to be my husband ...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 06:44:23 PM by pem »

Atreas

« Reply #145 on: August 07, 2006, 06:27:31 PM »
The name's Scott Hallford.  I've lurked around this site for a while now and I think it's time to bring it to the table.

Anyway.

I'm from Montgomery, Alabama and I currently attend Huntingdon College.  To date, I've written six novels and am close to finishing a seventh.  And that's about it.  I write.  I read.  And write some more.  I don't know how much I'll be around, because I'm always bogged down with writing, work or school.  Or something else. Don't worry: It will come up.

Though I don't do it anymore (no friends) I used to play Magic: The Gathering.  Never went anywhere with that, though.

I also work for Target Corporation.  Don't ever do that.  Bad idea.

I read that a number of people here worked on staff for The Leading Edge Magazine, which I take as a good thing for me since I'm publishing with them in the fall.  Good times.

So there you go.   :)

Sevren

• Level 1
  • San Demus High School Football Rules!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2006, 11:28:31 AM »
Hello all,

Just recently discovered this site from BrandonSanderson.com and thought I'd sign up.  Seems like a cool place and I look forward to hanging out here.

Cheers,

Sevren

Loryn

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2006, 11:23:10 PM »
Hey,

I'm Brandon and Jordan Sanderson's sister.  I have been on this site before, but stopped comming because I kept forgeting.  I am now on because my brother Brandon has been pestering me to come back on.  I am not a writer in any way so please forgive my misspellings.  

digitalbias

• Level 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 10, 2006, 05:32:18 PM »
Name's David Mitchell. I grew up all around the world because my dad was in the Air Force. Eventually we settled down in Niceville Florda (yes it really is a place), which is what I call home. I graduated from BYU with a BS in Computer Science.

I've been writing since I was in High School, but have never actually finished anything I've written, until I picked up The Complete Idiots Guide to Publishing Science Fiction. That was the perfect book for me...and my brother sent it to me, but I don't know what he was implying...Really.

I currently live in Lehi, UT and have a wife and 5 children.

By day I'm a mild mannered computer programmer and project manager with over 10 years experience. By night I'm a ravenous devourer of books and video games. When I'm not doing either of those things I'm scuba diving, hiking or praticing Aikido.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:30:29 AM by digitalbias »

Kuntrey_Pilgrum

• Level 4
  • One by one, the penguins stold my sanity....
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 14, 2006, 08:03:24 PM »
Hola! Sooo....
I'm Kaitlin, I live in a town so small that it doesn't rate A dust speck on most Alabama maps. I'm 16, insane, and the only geek I know who's best friend is star quatabak ;D Other than bragging, :'( I love to read and
write and play poker with my math teacher.
I got here from Brandon's site andd.... thazit!!
No Ninja Monkey can stand up to my Penguin Commandos! ATTACK!!!!

"This has to be an indicator of insanity. Not only am I talking to myself, i'm refusing to speak to me!"