Author Topic: New RPG material  (Read 1235 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
New RPG material
« on: May 19, 2004, 12:26:08 PM »
Mongoose is cool. I've got three books of theirs that I'm going to review soon. First is the Pocket Guide to Modern. From what I can tell, all the rules of d20 Modern, nothing else. In a smallish book, more affordably priced. pretty interesting.

Also, d20 Judge Dredd. Not as excited about this one yet, though it held my interest for a long time last night, so it will probably redeem itself. I need to check out all the feats and prestige classes and setting info.

OGL Ancients is the last one. Yup. Roleplaying in ancient Greece and Egypt. They've got the ethic backgrounds nailed. Still looking at classes. One still makes me giggle. Courtesan. Yes, you too can play an Egyptian hooker (can I use that as the subtitle/tagline in my review?). All kidding aside, what I've seen so far is pretty darn cool. I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: New RPG material
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 03:44:08 PM »
I just got a couple of books from Palladium--a lame Rifter and a Rifts weapon book that puts the POW! in power creep. With any luck they're next few will be better.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: New RPG material
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 04:57:20 PM »
Mongoose is cool then ... man and I wanted OGL ancients too...

Judge Dredd looks pretty neat.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!