Author Topic: Eberron  (Read 3578 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Eberron
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2004, 02:25:48 PM »
or skippy my ex-girlfriend?

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2004, 02:27:47 PM »
skippy was the name of your favorite peanut butter, libby was you ex-girlfriend...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 02:27:58 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2004, 03:36:55 PM »
DINO-saur!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2004, 04:00:14 PM »
libby wasn't really a girlfriend. She was mostly just a few makeouts. I wanted more, but I'm the romantic that way.

Incidentally, I *did* date someone I (jokingly) called Skippy from time to time.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2004, 10:57:10 AM »
well, to bring this back on topic, and avoiding future reference to my exes (who don't all live in Texas, and only a few were likely to have been from some place like Eberron), we now have an official review of Eberron

review: http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=799

Now have your lovin and eat it too.

I dunno if I"m converted. You know how I feel about settings. If I'm using a pre-published adventure (not often) then I'll use their setting... maybe. If not, why do I need their setting?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2004, 06:48:54 PM »
I find that the problem with settings is that unless everyone owns the book (very unlikely in my group) then either the GM has to constantly explain the world as he goes along (which gets kinda tiring and such) or he has to lend the book out (which is often not an option). Since you have those same problems with settings of your own, but you can then just email everyone the documents you created so they have the setting information. So really, a setting just saves you work. And costs money.

Work = Money.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2004, 02:57:39 AM »
You don't need an artificer to heal Warforged.  They can also be repaired, or healed with healing magic (but healing spells only cure them 1/2 the amount).  I haven't memorized all of the details yet, but iirc they do not heal naturally and can be repaired using various Craft skills.  And I believe it doesn't even cost gold to repair them (but does require quite a bit of time, although if your group is sitting around waiting to heal naturally you probably have some time to spare anyway).

Artificer is just wierd, I don't really understand all of the mechanics yet.  For example, if they "cast" bull's strength, it has to be on an object (including constructs), so the spell would work normally on a warforged but not a human.  But you can get around that by casting bull strength on one of the human's items and then the item will give them the +4 strength.

Some of the warforged stuff can get tricky, like how they can't wear armor and need to enchant their skin to have magic armor, but they obviously needed some weaknessess to still be usable for a 1st level PC race.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2004, 03:22:31 AM »
That is correct, you don't need an Artificer. It's several times easier with one, though, so I expect most groups that have one to include the other.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2004, 03:58:55 PM »
Great review, Fell.

As some of you have already noted, Eberron swept me off my feet and got me back in to D&D and even updating to 3.5...something I thought I'd never do!

For years I've had a list of things that would compose my perfect setting that I've used to structure my homebrew.  I think Keith Baker must have peeked at these because his setting fulfils so many of them and makes them mesh far better than I ever did.

I'm hooked on Eberron.  I've got everything they released for it: the setting book, the first adventure, the Dungeon adventure, etc.

Yeah, I like it that much.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2004, 07:58:39 PM »
Those other adventures are already released? Sounds like I'll have to ahve a talk with a certain PR agent....
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2004, 10:50:39 PM »
I saw that the Planar Handbook is out now. I'll be getting that sometime soon. As well I'm waiting on d20 Future.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2004, 01:30:58 AM »
Well, Shadows of the Last War has been out for about a month now.  It's good.  Not great (though it has the potential to be with some tweaking), but good.  I'll be using it.  The sequel, Whispers of the Vampire's Blade comes out in Sept.  These are the continuation of the adventure in the corebook

The only other thing out was in Dungeon #113 and was an adventure loosely attached to the adventure in the corebook.  It's really not that great, honestly.  Nothing really Eberronish about it other than the location and some of the history.  Definitely skippable.