Author Topic: New Settings for Savage Worlds  (Read 1435 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
New Settings for Savage Worlds
« on: August 24, 2004, 11:27:42 PM »
First up is Necessary Evil
I've probably mentioned it before,... its a superhero game thats premise is that all the superhero's are gone, and only Villains remain to save the world.
This could potentially be really cool and some folks I've talked with who went to Gen-con were impressed.

Second is Savage Worlds Reloaded, a reprint of the main rules book with a few extras...
Owners of the original book never fear, all changes will be availible on the web

Third is Red Rising
Set in 2017, it postulates a future where the Soviets beat the US to the Moon and won the cold war by colonizing space up to the Asteriod belt. With a paranoid atmosphere and Zero-G gritty physics my wallet is alread bleeding in pain.
The Coolest part is that campaign info is written from a resistance slant and a Russian slant.

I think this is one that Gemms gonna buy to teethe on.

Slipstream is in the que too, with flash gorden jetpacks and weird, (but not too weird) alien races

After that its Rippers the RPG
Techno-gothic vampire hunting horror (Steampunk with Dracula)

Dragon Kings (King Arthur, Biker King in the Year 2180)

Deadlands Trilogy

Low Life

and a half dozen other things

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: New Settings for Savage Worlds
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 11:39:35 PM »
I'd be all over that supervillain game like the Star tabloid on J-Lo; the Slipstream one, too.  I'd stay far away from that whole Dragon King thing, though.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: New Settings for Savage Worlds
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2004, 12:04:49 AM »
It could be fun... after all its King Arthur and his "Gang" against Sentiant Dragons and Morgan le Fay

And imagine Jousting on a souped up Harley....

But Yeah NE looks like a riot.

Im dying to get my hands on Red Rising though...
after all who doesnt hate commies... (keeping in mind that even anarchists hate commies)
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!