Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 155672 times)

Madjius

Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #900 on: March 22, 2009, 10:24:48 PM »
DARK COKKLATTE TASTS LIKE IT LOOKS AND SMELLS! urgk.

Now ChickenTAOmjeng! namn nam!
Oh and I am not reminded I forgot to take that [unintelligible drivel] out the oven, 4 hours laters.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 05:52:29 AM by The Jade Knight »

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 25, 2009, 01:03:42 AM »
I know I'm late but I'm gonna jump on the whole snow rain thing anyway.

My "Opinion" is that over all snow is much worse than rain. Here is why I think so.

Now although snow is pretty right when you wake up and look outside and its pristine, that gets "nullified" the second I have to start doing manual labor just to go to work and do more labor.

Snow more often than not comes with our friend ice. Ice is not very nice because it creates danger everywhere. For people walking, for cars driving, for flat roofed homes, for road conditions, for water pipes. Ice just stinks.

Now although the argument that rain floods cities and causes deaths is valid to a degree. Snow is no friendlier. I mean, snow is cold. That pneumonia thing you mentioned kills people all the time, mainly the old and very young. Not very nice. Also the poor and homeless die from the snow every year.

Snow also creates conditions where flooding is worse. Have you ever seen a snow storm turn to rain? The snow on the ground doesn't melt right away. All it does is block all the drains causing roads to flood and become dangerous.

I will also be cursing the rain when the summer is here. I mean we all like it on a warm sunny day (or most normal people do) but I would much rather rain than snow anytime. Snow is cool for the first five minuets. After that Its nothing but a headache. I have also been a mechanic and I have experienced snow dripping on you all day. Have fun wearing a jacket while working on a car. You can but sometimes you cant and even if you can your constantly touching cold metal that just makes you cold. Second even if your shop is heated you have to open the bay doors sometime, and when you do it cold.

So I'm sorry to say here Shag but this is one of those things you will probably change your mind on when your old enough to drive and your out of school.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #902 on: March 25, 2009, 01:39:07 AM »
I like rain.  It's one of the reasons I'd like to move to Western Washington, or the UK.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #903 on: March 25, 2009, 01:48:39 AM »
After living in Las Vegas for 4 yrs and Moab for 3, rain feels like a miracle, every time.
Except for the weird week it rained 6 inches, that felt like a bizzare freak of nature (We average 8 inches a year).

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 25, 2009, 04:13:35 PM »
Probably. But as if now…screw rain. Snow all the way.  ;D

The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #905 on: March 25, 2009, 04:40:10 PM »
Rain is awesome. I lived in the Seattle area when I was younger and the rain there....awesome. Sometimes it wasn't just rain. It was a full-on storm. One time it knocked down a tree..Of course, that wasn't the rain. That was the lightning, but still. It was pretty cool.

Snow on the other hand. I loved snow when I was younger. I still love snow. But Monsta's right--ice sucks. Bad. I despise ice more than I can possibly put words to. I have bad luck with cars anyway, but you put ice in the equation and my luck drops infinitely.....(I say I have bad luck because my person has been hit and run over by cars a grand total of 3 times...Not fun...).

So yeah. If I could get snow without the ice, I'd take the snow. But alas, I live in Idaho, where snow and ice have an inseparable friendship...And no. I'm not moving to California, Shaggy. That's just not gonna happen....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

SarahG

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 25, 2009, 05:07:37 PM »
I love both rain and snow.  Rain, because I grew up in Africa where we had awesome tropical thunderstorms all the time - it's one of the things I miss most.  Snow, because I grew up in Africa and snow still seems like a novelty and a wonder to me, even when I have to shovel it.  I do wish we could do without the ice and cold temperatures, though.

I also love skies.  I have never seen an ugly sky.  Even the plain gray ones have their own strange sort of beauty.
He ate my horse.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 25, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »
And no. I'm not moving to California, Shaggy. That's just not gonna happen....
Darn. *thinks to self*: How did she know?? Yeah when I have to go to work and go to lunch and wear a suit and stuff I'm sure I'll like rain better, but I don't now, so snow still has my vote.

Ice is often the cause of enormous hilarity, though. (Unfortunately, sometimes the hilarity is very painful. (But not for me. Which is why it's funny.)  :P)
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 25, 2009, 06:52:33 PM »
It's spring break so I bought a new video game. (I haven't played one in ages all the way through like I used to.)  So for the last two days I have done almost nothing but play the game in order to get my desired class set. (Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift.)

The class set I want:
Ninja - (have)
Summoner - (have)
Chocobo Knight - (have)
Scholar - (Waiting for the quest I need to appear.)
Seer - (Waiting for the quest I need to appear.)
Warrior Monk - (Waiting for the quest I need to appear.)

This has become a bit of a hassle because in order for some of them to be unlocked you have to have to have progressed to certain parts of the game.  The way I play games though is that I do EVERYTHING possible.  So it takes me FOREVER to get anywhere.  Also ninja took forever because you have to know 4 thief skills and to get the 2-4 I had to sell items at the bazaar to make the weapons that taught them available to buy.  Sadly getting a 4th one meant you had to be a certain ways into the game to get all the stuff, which was frustrating.

Anyway.  I have something like 35-40 hours logged into a game and still don't have the classes I want.  Guess that's what I get for wanting super prestigious classes.  They are worth it though once you have them mastered and know how to use them right.  Then you go back and get everyone the rights second action and support and passive and yeah. . . basically I rock at this game. (Well the last two of them.)  I really want to play against real people, cause I'm pretty sure I'd kick their trash.  But yeah.  ANYWAYZ. . .
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 25, 2009, 07:08:47 PM »
Wow. Sounds like fun. How much does it cost?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 25, 2009, 07:10:48 PM »
It's like $35 I think.  >>'  You might want to youtube it though.  It's one of those games you either love or hate.  So you should know what you are buying before you buy it. ha ha.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 25, 2009, 09:07:44 PM »
Oh…I was just wondering. I wasn't actually considering buying it.  :P
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 26, 2009, 06:49:45 AM »
I just found out that one of my favorite bands ever The Medic Droid has broken up.  I am literally crying!  I <3 Chris and Hecktor!  They can't break up the band. T-T
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Patriotic Kaz

• Level 30
  • Antagonist of the Ages
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 26, 2009, 05:31:27 PM »
I live in a place where our citizens call hell chilly....its called Dallas...

P.S. what is rain????
"Words are double edged blades. Only the great and the foolish play with knives." - Kaz the Buddah

"Take off your sandals, for you are posting on holy ground." -  Yahweh Kaz

"Chaos, go to your room!" - Momma Kaz

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #914 on: March 27, 2009, 11:38:38 PM »
We had to put our dog down this morning. She's had cancer and we knew it would be soon, but still...It was really sad, especially since she didn't even have the energy to stand up this morning. She'd collapsed on the ground, shaking....It's an image I can't get out of my head and it's rather depressing.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."