Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146694 times)

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #825 on: December 31, 2008, 05:35:22 PM »
*screams*  Snow. Is that all I have to say? I mean come on. Snow storm on New Years Eve, really? Thats just not cool.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 31, 2008, 09:16:17 PM »
My ears have been ringing (specifically, I hear a constant high-pitched whine) for the last two weeks. I went to the doctor last week on Monday and got some azithromycin, which cured my sore throat but did nothing for my ears. I went to the doctor today again and they didn't see any sign of infection, so they gave me a referral to an audiologist. For January 22nd. Argh.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 31, 2008, 11:04:33 PM »
Wow Ook that stink. Sorry to hear about it.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #828 on: January 01, 2009, 01:36:09 AM »
I woke up around 4 this morning, unable to get back to sleep...And then I threw up....And still had to go into work today. It sucked. Bad. I haven't eaten anything in almost 24 hours. I'm so hungry, yet I'm afraid to eat for obvious reasons.... >:(

And as for the snow....Ours melted. Makes me sad, because I wasn't able to finish my snow fort (which you can now build, Monsta....assuming you're not too indisposed tomorrow ;D)

And I'm really cold. I wish my house was at 80 some degrees, cuz I am freezing right now.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #829 on: January 01, 2009, 06:17:12 AM »
We lost our snow after Christmas, too, but I was glad.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 04, 2009, 07:49:54 PM »
When we got our first major compositions back in seventh grade English the average grade was a C  :D
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #831 on: January 05, 2009, 08:16:11 PM »
Ok, major holidays are over, it is time for spring. 
The house down the block caught fire yesterday from the electric radiant ceiling heat.  My husband was the first one to see it.  Thankfully the people were gone.  They only turn on the ceiling heat when they leave so the pipes don't freeze.
We have this kind too, but we don't use it. We have a wood-burning stove and space heaters. Now my husband is extremely paranoid and the house is cold!

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 05, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »
readerMom, is your picture of Arizona?
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #833 on: January 06, 2009, 12:49:14 AM »
Moab, UT actually.  I think the picture is of Fisher Towers, but I live about 10 miles from Arches National park, so there is lots of pretty scenery around here.  I know I shouldn't be complaining about the cold, but single digits here is unusual and it has been in the low teens or less for several weeks now.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 06, 2009, 01:01:26 AM »
Oh. My mistake.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #835 on: January 06, 2009, 01:29:33 AM »
Bare rocks, desert, not much difference.  We don't have as many cacti here, the rocks are a little redder.  Less water than even Phoenix. More than Las Vegas.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 06, 2009, 01:59:42 AM »
Haha, I guess so.
Actually, though, there are some amazingly red rocks in Arizona (particularly Sedona). The strata in the mountains are simply amazing.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 16, 2009, 12:09:28 AM »
(The Lost One's Wife)

I am 21 weeks pregnant with number 4 and with a belly to show for it. I am also holding my 16 month old son. I live across the street from my oldest son's Elemantery School. I have a two car driveway, which many people try to park in front of or in, at the end of the school day.

So keep all this in mind when I tell my story.

I walked out of my house to go pick up my son. A person parked in front of half of my driveway. They were getting out of there car as I was passing by so I asked nicey "Can you move your car please?" She looked at my and walked away. So I said loudly "You need to move your car now. It is in front of my driveway." She said "I am picking up my daughter." and walked away. I followed saying many things like you are rude, it is against the law and so now. She turned around got about 2 or so inches from my face and said "It is none of my busniess were she parks and everyone else parks there."  I said "All my friends park in my driveway and if anyone parks in front of it I tell them to move." She then said some bad words to me.(She is also about 7 to 8 inches taller and about 40 more pounds then me and she was mad.) So I guy hearing this argument said "The pregnant lady is right(me) and you should move your car." She backed away and told him in so many words to shut up and she walked away. The guy and I talked about how rude and wrong she was. But even after all of my fighting for my driveway she never moved her car until she got her daughter. At least she didnt hit me.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #838 on: January 16, 2009, 01:32:49 AM »
Man, that sucks. Some people really irritate me. It sounds like she would be one of those. I think you handled it better than I would've though.....She would've been furious if it had been me. I would've called the cops and let them deal with it, and she probably would've ended up with a ticket....And I would've been grinning like crazy, not saying anything, but watching it all....

And for grumpy-bear-ness.....I have 30 dollars in my bank account, because I had to pay 500 bucks this morning. This isn't so much a bad thing, since I was paying a deposit for a tour I'm going on in May to England, Ireland, Wales, and France, but it still sucks that it's drained my account...And now I have to build it back up, only to have it drained again in a couple weeks.....
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 16, 2009, 05:25:11 PM »
The Lost One's Wife– Wow. Sometimes the rudeness of others just amazes me.… Have you ever heard the quote, "Love, having no geography, knows no boundaries"?  Sometimes when people are so incredibly rude (like in your story), I think that the same thing goes for rudeness….

("Rudeness, having no geography, knows no boundaries.")
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.