Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146636 times)

SarahG

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #810 on: December 17, 2008, 05:35:15 PM »
Came back home with a very, very bad cold and to much to do.

Don't you hate it when you have to choose between giving your body the rest it needs to recover, and accomplishing all those tasks with fast-approaching deadlines?  So you either get to have all your preparations completed but be too sick to enjoy the holiday, or you get lots of sleep and feel better but nothing is ready in time.  Ugh.  Get better soon.
He ate my horse.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: December 19, 2008, 06:18:56 PM »
Aaaaahhh! Large snow storm on track to drop snow on me for the next three days. Weekend plans ruined. Darn it. Why does it have to snow on the last weekend to get my Christmas shopping done??? It must be fate. Those people who I have yet to buy a gift for must not deserve one. Yeah I think I'll go with that one.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #812 on: December 19, 2008, 06:23:28 PM »
Aaaaahhh! Large snow storm on track to drop snow on me for the next three days. Weekend plans ruined. Darn it. Why does it have to snow on the last weekend to get my Christmas shopping done??? It must be fate. Those people who I have yet to buy a gift for must not deserve one. Yeah I think I'll go with that one.

It's suppose to be a good one too. I'll toss my angry hat into this snow storm since I have to drive to work all this weekend.  >:(

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: December 19, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »
I know your pain since I just spent the last three days shoveling. Until 10:30 last night because the plow finally came through and blocked my driveway around that time. Hopefully Boston is a little nicer about that.
If it's not on fire, it's usually a software problem.

dawncawley

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: December 19, 2008, 10:20:26 PM »
I hate, hate, hate snow days. Especially right before two weeks of no school anyway......my kids are making me totally crazy. And I hate all the ice on the roads. It is almost solid ice in my area.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #815 on: December 19, 2008, 10:35:27 PM »
You guys are making me feel guilty.  I was irritated that the snow we have had keeps melting before my son can shovel the walk.  He wants to earn money for a charity project but his chosen method isn't working.  Too bad I can't mail him to those people who really need his skills.

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: December 19, 2008, 10:49:51 PM »
I have both a FedEx and UPS office within 2 miles of my house =).

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #817 on: December 20, 2008, 05:16:54 AM »
You shouldn't have said that.  By the end of Christmas vacation I might be seriously considering the offer, maybe with a two for one deal. :D

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 20, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »
I think we can keep him busy for quite a while here ;).

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #819 on: December 20, 2008, 08:58:07 PM »
Wow :o

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 20, 2008, 09:44:41 PM »
Finally made it to UT after an eight-hour delay in Denver. Oh, and my bag didn't make it. So now I'm waiting for the delivery service to bring it. Waiting, and waiting....

Oh, well. At least our plane didn't skid off the runway and have to get towed like the one that landed right before us! Scary. We passed it as we taxied in. A HUGE tractor was being hooked up to the plane. The airports were SO crowded. With all the bad weather and such, it was a very, very bad day to fly yesterday.  :P

My friend was flying from NY yesterday and got stuck overnight in Cincinnati. This was *after* she waited for five hours aboard the plane on the runway at the NY airport. yeesh.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #821 on: December 22, 2008, 07:51:13 AM »
I was quite fortunate to have virtually no delay at any of the 7 airports I've hit in the last week.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

MrPaperCamel

• Level 12
  • Camel Superiority
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 25, 2008, 10:48:03 PM »
Enjoying the day with my family but I have to drive from phoenix back to flagstaff. We are supposed to get about a foot to two feet of snow by noon tomorrow. That means I have to drive through it to get to my house, have to shovel for about two hours to even get in my house, and most likely shovel for about an hour before I go to work in the morning because the plow will be pushing ice from the street into my driveway...

kevinpii

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 27, 2008, 09:22:44 PM »
i actually had to shovel my roof. the snow is so stinkin deep here if i didn't it might colapse my house. it was waist deep in some spots and when i had to do my garage i had to push it towards my house and then shovel it again. i cant go out in my yard because its knee deep in any given spot. I'm not usually a big fan of winter but this really really sucks.
     now I'm at my in-laws for the weekend and it sooooo hot in the house. it was eighty three degres in the house yesterday and my mother in law was chewing out my father in law because he let the fire go out. grrrrr ill never understand why old people keep houses soooooooo hot.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #824 on: December 28, 2008, 11:01:54 AM »
My step-father kept turning up the tempurature to 77.  It's fairly annoying, as he doesn't pay the bills and no one else in the house wants it that warm.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."