Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146649 times)

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #660 on: February 25, 2008, 06:24:04 PM »
ugh, now he's saying my idea's are to 'jane austen' and that he doesn't want his characters swooning all over each other....

I'm gonna just repeat what I said so you can see how far off he's taking this:
I hardly thought of Twilight, in fact Twilight is nothing like what I just suggested... that's more of a high school scenerio. I was thinking more like the French Resisitance or the underground railroad. Something where they are oppressed so they hide and fight back in secret.

And he says:
I see Twilight as Jane Austen with Vampires, if the greatest conflict in our male character's life is overcoming his prejudice for the Dryads and embracing his love for this girl, then it is Jane Austen with Dryads.  As much as many women want to believe that it is them and their love that changes a man I believe that it is really responsibility that changes a man

My brother is a jerk.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 03, 2008, 06:01:08 PM »
So, for the past year I've been having health problems that I've finally been figuring out how to manage.  This past week I've started having a whole new set of health problems seemingly unrelated to the last set.  I hurt a lot. And I'm annoyed.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 03, 2008, 10:42:34 PM »
Fibromyalgia?

My mom has it, plus a lot of related ailments. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 04, 2008, 06:17:51 PM »
No, definitely not fibromyalgia. I could tell you why, but I don't really feel like going into detail.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 04, 2008, 07:28:58 PM »
My three children have the stomach flu. Needless to say, it's a week where I'm stuck at home. Blah.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 04, 2008, 10:12:31 PM »
Well, that's okay Sigyn. Just thought I'd hazard a guess.

Nessa, you poor soul! All three sick at the same time??
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 05, 2008, 06:16:26 PM »
Pardon the double post, but...

The stupid company that handles electronic payments for my gym membership is driving me bonkers. They charged me two monthly fees of $19 on the same day (Feb 4th) and then another monthly fee of $19 on Feb 29th. So I called about three different numbers and finally wound up leaving a message. Three days later, the person leaves a message on my cell apologizing and saying that she credited my account for the two mistaken charges.

Cool, right? Only trouble is that I didn't get a credit in the amount of $38. Instead, I was charged ANOTHER $19 from this company. So now I've been charged $76 for Feb instead of $19. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Now I'll have to call again. (sigh)
--Spriggan

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 05, 2008, 08:44:54 PM »
Nessa, you poor soul! All three sick at the same time??

yes, and now i'm sick too
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 12, 2008, 01:29:26 AM »
I had to go into specialty training today to learn about Utah's spenddown policy. Spenddown is a satanic piece of policy.
Even lawyers can't seem to figure it out, even though they are the cause for Utah having such a conviluded and evil piece of legislation.

My head hurts.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 12, 2008, 05:05:36 AM »
Hey, if the law wasn't conviluded, then people wouldn't have to hire lawyers. What kind of a world would it be if people didn't have to hire a lawyer to solve their legal problems. I shutter at the thought.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 12, 2008, 02:40:45 PM »
Hey, if the law wasn't conviluded, then people wouldn't have to hire lawyers. What kind of a world would it be if people didn't have to hire a lawyer to solve their legal problems.

A much, much  better world.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 12, 2008, 06:19:14 PM »
WHY are bosses so hypocritical sometimes?? If he gets here at 10:30 and I sometimes arrive at the same time as he does, why is that a crime? Especially when the T (subway) is so unreliable. There used to be a 9:30am train and now there's only the 9:40, so I have to catch the 9:20 if I want to get to work around 10. I hate commuting. So sick of it. Last week, for two days in a row, I left my house 35 minutes earlier than normal, only to get to work  7 or 10 freakin' minutes earlier than normal. Stupid MBTA. Even if I'm late, I always make up my time. And I work through lunch, too. Sheesh. I just want to whack someone.

--Spriggan

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 25, 2008, 04:52:01 PM »
I'm having exploratory surgery tomorrow and I can't eat real food for the rest of the day.  Why do I love food so much?

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 26, 2008, 03:05:37 AM »
I'm having exploratory surgery tomorrow and I can't eat real food for the rest of the day.  Why do I love food so much?

my mom would like to know the same thing... she'd also like to know why sleep is so necessary.

I'd like to know why kids can't just go to sleep when they are supposed to, instead of tearing their rooms apart and making more work for mom.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 27, 2008, 02:30:55 AM »
My parents were caught in today's mass American Airlines flight cancellation (for mechanical inspection of MD-80s). At least they hadn't left for the airport yet, but it means they arrive here at 10:30 instead of 5:30. Dangit.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!