Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 156269 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #585 on: November 17, 2007, 12:07:24 AM »
When my youngest sister was 4 or so, she came up to my mom with an empty bottle of rubbing alcohol and said, "I ate alo!" Needless to say, she was rushed to the hospital to have her stomach pumped. She suffered no ill effects (she's 25 now), so we're not sure if she actually drank the bottle...one theory is she dumped it out, then put water in it and drank that, but who knows? Anyway, do not leave your bottles of rubbing alcohol within reach of children.  Even small amounts can cause blindness or death.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

pengwenn

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Is this my reality or yours?
    • View Profile
    • Life of a Gamer Girl
« Reply #586 on: November 19, 2007, 11:01:12 PM »
I shreded a tire on my way home from work on Friday.  When I went to change it my spare tire was flat as well.  When I finally got my car to the shop on Saturday they said my rear brakes were 90% worn so I had to get those repaired as well.

charity

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 20, 2007, 02:25:14 AM »
I bought this journal at deseretbook.com and was really excited to get it, since I'm all out on my current one, so I wait... and wait... and two weeks after they say they sent it it gets here and it's TINY! I mean come on it cost me $15 and it's not even full size, which the reviews were really deceptive about. I'm seriously annoyed cause now I'm stuck with this stupid journal that won't even work for how I go through mine.

but that's nothing as bad as the car, we just had that happen, in 2 months we bought 4 new tires, new brakes and whatever the thing is that's below the brakes.... I told him to go get those checked out  ;)

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 20, 2007, 06:26:47 PM »
Not to interrupt the grump-fest, but at 40 pages, isn't it time for a new thread?
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #589 on: November 20, 2007, 09:37:56 PM »
We use a database now, no real reason to make a new thread since size no longer matters.

But if people want a new one we can do that.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 21, 2007, 06:06:42 AM »
No, the more grumpiness there is makes me feel better when I am grumpy.

The longer the thread the better. >:(
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 27, 2007, 08:04:22 PM »
I like the idea of keeping it contained.... I think it might be safer that way, we don't want it tainting the water. ;)

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 28, 2007, 04:43:23 PM »
I seem to have lost my cell phone. I haven't seen it since Monday night while we were having dinner at a restaurant. The restaurant doesn't have it. The good news is I don't think anyone used it in the 24 hours from when it went missing and when I suspended service on it, which may mean it's just misplaced and not "stolen" or that someone found it and plans on returning it, but I have no idea.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #593 on: December 04, 2007, 06:35:20 AM »
I hate my roommate. 
She is trying to ruin our lives.  Not in the "make us miserable while we're here" way, but in the "I've called the police and they can get you in trouble" way.  She must love having this much control over all of us cause we're all freaking out - and she doesn't care.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #594 on: December 04, 2007, 01:49:05 PM »
what did you do that will get you in trouble with the police?

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #595 on: December 04, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »
Kelly's insane and called them cause she says we took her clohes.  I don't know what she did with them, but it's a really stressful time right now.  She won't let any of us pay for them, she wants to see someone charged.

And no, none of us took her clothes.  None of us want anything to do with her now.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 05, 2007, 07:11:04 PM »
Yeesh. I had a crazy roomie once. Well a few, but one was particularly nuts. She was even stalking this guy who dated her once and was NOT interested in dating her ever again--nor did his girlfriend appreciate the stalkerish stuff. Anyhow, her roomies from the previous year refused to live w/ her, and I soon found out why... Wish I'd known!

But, anyhow, don't be too worried because, honestly, I think the cops have more important stuff to worry about than clothing theft. If not, I should move where you live. Is this girl on the lease? Have you spoken to the landlord about the problem? Or is this not a rental situation?
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

charity

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 08, 2007, 04:42:16 AM »
I'm so glad the only roomie I have is my husband. I don't miss those days.... at all.

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 09, 2007, 01:48:22 AM »
The belt that runs my power steering on my minivan shredded today.  Now I get to try to drive it to a dealership to get it fixed on Monday with no power steering. Oh, and the alternator isn't working correctly, either--I think the same belt affects it. Wheeee!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 09, 2007, 03:58:48 AM »
With a mis-working alternator--your battery will probably be dead come Monday. Particularly with this lovely weather. Yes, I've lost too many belts on my cars.

I grumpy because the stupid honor code office messed up on my ecclesiastical endorsement that was sent them so I have to get another one. And I don't even know if I'm going to grad school yet since I have a good chance of getting a stable job with the state. So I just wish I could see the future right now.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.