Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 155368 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #495 on: June 19, 2007, 12:45:27 AM »
I discovered that I really am allergic to Pseudoephedrine!

Hey that's the main ingredient in Meth. So I guess you're allergic to that too.

Next time one of the drug-addicts in the rehab class says that I should try ____. I'm just going to say I'm allergic.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 19, 2007, 12:50:49 AM »
Yeah, that's why it's been pulled off the store shelves, and I can't just say I'm allergic to "Sudafed" now since shelf-Sudafed doesn't even have any Pseudoephadrine in it.

I think it undergoes some kind of chemical change when it's made into meth, so who can say for sure if I'm allergic to meth? There must be some way I can find out.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 19, 2007, 12:58:15 AM »
I don't recommend trying meth to see if you are allergic to it. Meth is so addictive it has nearly a 100% addiction rate after 1 hit. Being addicted to something that you are also allergic to wouldn't be good. However, it could be the premise too a hillarious and/or tragic story.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 19, 2007, 01:58:10 AM »
"Have you violated the terms of your parole"?

"Uh, no, sir."

"Then where did that rash come from, poison ivy?"
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Pink Bunkadoo

• Level 7
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Ookla's sister
    • View Profile
    • Helena's webpage
« Reply #499 on: June 20, 2007, 03:58:10 AM »
so who can say for sure if I'm allergic to meth? There must be some way I can find out.

Ha!  I can't imagine that not knowing would be a problem....
~금강산도 식후경~

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 20, 2007, 04:58:09 AM »
A record breaking heat wave is coming and the air conditioner broke last week and the new air conditioner will not be installed for a few more days.  :'(
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 20, 2007, 05:37:47 PM »
Our Internet has been out at home since Monday. So my husband called Comcast to schedule them to come out to fix it. They can't come till Wednesday. He gives them my cell phone number. Their policy is they have to reach you by phone to make sure you'll be home before they'll come. He doesn't tell me this.

They called twice; first time while I'm driving (I don't answer the phone while driving) and second time I didn't recognize the number. I feel dumb not answering now. Well, they cancel the service call because I didn't answer the phone. When I call to talk to them about it (five minutes after the second call!), they say they can't get anyone here till Friday.  So we have no internet for four days! (Unless there's a cancellation.)

I'm mad at my husband for giving them my number rather than his (because they might give his number out to spammers, after all  >:(; I'm mad at Comcast for having a stupid policy like that and for not being willing to make sure they get someone out today (it was bad enough waiting two days just to get an appointment. Esp. since the problem with the internet is on their end); and I'm mad at myself for being dumb enough to not answer the phone. ARGG.  >:(

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #502 on: June 21, 2007, 12:56:24 PM »
They called twice; first time while I'm driving (I don't answer the phone while driving)

Thank you. You are truly a beautiful person. The rest of you will burn for eternity for talking on your phone in the car.

Honestly, you're lucky. The office was without Internet for almost three weeks. Comcast was a bunch of wanks about it. But yeah, it's harsh.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 28, 2007, 02:08:43 AM »
I just spent the last three days at Conference. This conference was a massive estrogen-fest. I really do not want to hear anyone "shed healing tears" or "bare their souls" over a dance, song, artwork, play, book, poem, or movie for at least week.

The Lost One

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 28, 2007, 05:28:21 PM »
So a kid rear ended my car on the highway at over 60mph this morning.  My car (which I bought brand new just a few months ago) is completely bagged up and I hurt.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 28, 2007, 07:24:45 PM »
Does he have insurance?

The Lost One

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 28, 2007, 11:35:10 PM »
Yes, he had insurance. Hopefully the insurance company will pay, but the company is still investigating.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 29, 2007, 04:11:28 AM »
What's there to investigate about it?

The Lost One

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 29, 2007, 04:48:13 AM »
Good question.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 29, 2007, 05:03:53 AM »
When my car got side-rammed by someone who ran a red light, it took them months to go through arbitration. I assume the other driver's story was just removed from the truth, and her insurance company preferred to believe her. It came out in my favor eventually though.