Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146689 times)

DragonFly

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #435 on: February 20, 2007, 05:37:23 PM »
I'm grumpy because my 2 year old grew up into a teenager that sits and rolls his eyes at me through church.
Work is like fertilizer in that I'm very glad it exists--I just don't ever want to get stuck in it
(Lightsong in Warbreaker)

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 20, 2007, 09:15:31 PM »
Ack! I think I'm getting a cold sore. Phooey.  >:(
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #437 on: February 20, 2007, 09:24:27 PM »
I'm grumpy because my 2 year old grew up into a teenager that sits and rolls his eyes at me through church.

At least he's not crying through it... as much...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #438 on: February 21, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »
School owns my soul.  And I'm behind on the interest.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 21, 2007, 06:32:10 PM »
Watch out for the guys with glasses and pen protectors! You may think they're just the average geek hanging around the school, but no, they're the soul repo guys.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 22, 2007, 07:03:21 PM »
You tell them and tell them, this stock is going to go down, it will go down, sell the stock... they hang on to it, and it goes down. sad sad sad.

:(
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 02, 2007, 06:21:04 AM »
So anyways, the firm that I'm working for needed me to get licensed in Wyoming. It's not that any of the firms clients live in Wyoming (not many people do), but they own property in Wyoming that require me to do legal work in Wyoming.  This means that I had to take the Wyoming bar exam, which I did today. This was my third bar exam. I hate bar exams.  I hate taking weeks of my life studying for an exam that is nothing more then a hazing ritual for lawyers.

After I finished the exam, part of me was excited to be done, having realize that I was now allowed to live life again. Another part of me wanted to puke from having to go through the ordeal. Now I just hope that I passed so I don't have to go through this again (or maybe I'll switch jobs).
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 02, 2007, 04:40:06 PM »
So I've been reading this book, A Secret History by Mary Gentle. It's gruesome and vulgar in some places, but quite engrossing and can't wait to finish it. I'm fifty pages from the end...and my two-year-old son dumps it in the tub. What could be worse, you ask? It's a library book.

*sigh
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 02, 2007, 08:18:43 PM »
So anyways, the firm that I'm working for needed me to get licensed in Wyoming. It's not that any of the firms clients live in Wyoming (not many people do), but they own property in Wyoming that require me to do legal work in Wyoming.  This means that I had to take the Wyoming bar exam, which I did today. This was my third bar exam. I hate bar exams.  I hate taking weeks of my life studying for an exam that is nothing more then a hazing ritual for lawyers.

After I finished the exam, part of me was excited to be done, having realize that I was now allowed to live life again. Another part of me wanted to puke from having to go through the ordeal. Now I just hope that I passed so I don't have to go through this again (or maybe I'll switch jobs).

I felt the same way in the Series 7 and 66 exams.
You just gotta play their games.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 05, 2007, 07:53:50 AM »
Ugh, Wikipedia's insistence on not allowing creative capitalization of names is really torquing me off. I've been providing argument after argument, and no one cares.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #445 on: March 05, 2007, 02:27:36 PM »
*Many* of the wikipedia standards torque me off. There is much that is downright absurd about the place.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #446 on: March 05, 2007, 05:17:01 PM »
You'd probably get a kick out of http://parkerpeters.livejournal.com/ which is a wikipedia blog ran by some one that use to be on the inside about the abuses of the people incharge.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 05, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »
Well, that just shows me how bad it can REALLY get. I haven't been involved in anything like that...though I was warned for 3RR once over the Alumin(i)um article.

Every group has politics that you find more about the longer you hang around.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 06, 2007, 11:33:39 PM »
So my supervisor calls me at 3:00 in the afternoon and tells me she wants me to illustrate an enitre children's book by noon tomorrow, including having the complete book put together, formatted, printed and bound. This is on top of several other projects I have to have completed by noon tomorrow.

I talked her down to just a cover illustration and making one zeroxed version with a rough format, but after she asked me to skip class, stay-up all night and go into work early (which I'm not doing).

I really upset that my supervisor has the audacity to ask me to drop my whole life to fulfill one of her whims. And this is a whim, since the book will probably get used in a presentation that lasts less than five minutes and then thrown out never to be seen again.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #449 on: March 06, 2007, 11:50:15 PM »
I'm grumpy because 42 didn't post 3-seconds earlier making his post time 03:33:33.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.