Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146665 times)

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #225 on: August 10, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »
I hate insurance companies. I just found out that they are denying my claims because they lost information that I sent them. They even manage to make one of my claims disappear, which will now require me to resend it (so they can make it disappear again).
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2006, 06:53:35 PM »
I'm grumpy because I wanted to post on the Grumpy Thread and it had been moved off the front page by all the other irrelevant posts to old threads by new people.

So, I'm bringing it back. So there! I feel like complaining (even though it's the same old, same old), so I will.  :P

I want my body to work properly. How come I didn't get a gift receipt with this thing? I'd like to make an exchange, please. Something that looks similar but gets sick far less. No, I don't want cash back or store credit. Just perfect health, that'll do it. Or even good to moderate health... My product is flawed and I'd like a new model. What, no refunds or exchanges?

Gah. I guess I'll have to keep working with what I have.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2006, 03:28:27 AM »
I have fallen prey to the Sudden Horrible Splitting Headache of Doom.

"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2006, 03:43:04 AM »
That was me last weekend. Woke up in the middle of the night Friday with the worst migraine I've ever had, and it lasted all weekend. Thankfully, it went away (mostly) by Monday/Tuesday-ish, but it kind of left a mark all week.

I'm grumpy myself because I just spent the last two days in Vancouver and was totally unable to enjoy it. Between having asthma attacks and not being able to ride my bike as planned, and then during the interview I was doing freelance for the magazine I used to work at, the camera died right at the beginning, and then I got lost and drove around Vancouver aimlessly for FIVE hours this afternoon, I just feel awful. I could have stayed another night (and ended up having to pay for the hotel anyway, because I checked out late), but I just couldn't stay there anymore because I felt too claustrophobic and didn't want to spend the evening in the hotel room. I knew I'd just get lost if I tried to go anywhere again, so I just came home.

It was the worst mini-vacation I've ever had. I usually have a great sense of direction. I can't tell if it was me or if it was just trying to drive for the first time in a foreign country--because Canada is just foreign enough for me to have constantly missed turns and exits. Between still being sick (just took my last antiobiotic pill this morning for the latest sinus infection, and I'm still just as infected as ever) and being disoriented, I wasn't in top form, directions-wise, and I decided to just try it another time. It's only 2 1/2 to 3 hours away, so I could do it in a day trip if I wanted, or do it like I did this time, go one night, stay in a cheap motel (this one was too gross and moldy, though), and drive back the next night after a day of playing.

There are a lot of things I wanted to see that I didn't feel up to doing--because they were all outdoors/hiking/biking kinds of things. I brought my bike, but never used it because I knew I'd have an asthma attack if I did. I want to not be sick anymore.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Kuntrey_Pilgrum

• Level 4
  • One by one, the penguins stold my sanity....
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2006, 08:11:23 PM »
I'm grumpy because my band director is having all us section leaders go to some bogus seminar >:(  I
barely even HAVE a section!!

Also, that creepy kid who sits beside me in Honors Biology stole my stuffed penguin. >:( :'(
No Ninja Monkey can stand up to my Penguin Commandos! ATTACK!!!!

"This has to be an indicator of insanity. Not only am I talking to myself, i'm refusing to speak to me!"

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »
Hey, stuff like that will make you a better musician. Think of college band. My high school band was all of 20 people, so me being the entire low brass section *and* the drum major wasn't really that much of a deal, but I loved doing all of it, and going to band camp and marching drum corps, being in a regional orchestra performance, and being in the National FFA band were all things I enjoyed and made me a better musician.

This made me able to audition and get into the college band, and it's made me a lifelong musician, even if I'm never again a part of an organized group (though even now, almost 15 years after graduating high school, I'm thinking about joining a senior drum corps to keep up my ombuchure). If it's something you like doing, aside from the lameness of high school band, go for it. There are some great opportunities out there later on. Even if it is just being able to sit with friends on a Saturday night playing jazz. Which I did when I lived in Boston.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2006, 02:20:23 AM »
Also, that creepy kid who sits beside me in Honors Biology stole my stuffed penguin. >:( :'(

That stinks! I weep with you.  :'(

Maybe E will lend you his ninja monkeys to get the penguin back. Though, I don't know what he'll require in return. A lifetime of subservience, a hefty fee, or maybe just a jello pudding pack...you never know.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2006, 10:36:20 AM »
A lifetime of subservience, a hefty fee, or maybe just a jello pudding pack...you never know.

Lifetime of subservience, methinks, though I don't know if a stuffed penguin is the best tradeoff, Bumpkin. But, pudding? For SE? Nuh-uh. SE has no love whatsoever for pudding, this I know. He hates it, he does. Offer him pudding and ye shall surely be dispatched by his ninja monkey minions--er, assassin priests.
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2006, 10:48:50 AM »
we don't *hates* pudding. We just don't get excited about it like our daughters do.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 29, 2006, 11:13:09 AM »
hmhmm. So you're saying that you had me print lies in my firstest book ever?! *sob*
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2006, 11:54:08 AM »
I hates tapiocca pudding, actually. I didn't mention that specifically? it grosses me.

I don't care for plain pudding at all, actually, now that I think of it. But pudding in stuff is ok.

Shrain

• Level 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2006, 12:42:30 PM »
ohhh. Pudding of the tapioca variety. So that's what you were eating when you came across an unwelcome black insect? *nods* Well, we thinks tapioca is nasty anyhow. :P

But we mourns for you! Other puddings, yummy they are! Oh well, at least you get to eat those puddings that stow away in other goodies. ;)
--Spriggan

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2006, 01:27:30 PM »
It's like a Gollum/Yoda fest.

I love tapioca pudding. More for me.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2006, 05:58:16 PM »
Mmm. All this talk of pudding is making me crave Rice Pudding. With LOTS and LOTS of cinnamon. Something I discovered on my mission to upstate New York.

Yummy. I think I'm going to have to pick up some Kozy Shack rice pudding at the store (the closest thing I can find to the New York goodness).

Since this IS the grumpy thread, I guess I can say that I'm grumpy that I am craving Rice Pudding when my finances are low. Curse you, E and Shrain and stacer! This is all your fault!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #239 on: August 29, 2006, 07:05:11 PM »
/me employs his +5 shield of blame deflection