Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 146611 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2006, 09:15:56 AM »
I don't know what sort of mooses you've met, but the mooses I hang around with all have their pilot's license.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2006, 01:15:43 AM »
I mean whats the moose doing in the aeroplane to begin with.

Trying to keep up with the flying squirrel. Duh.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2006, 11:28:13 PM »
So, my wife and I went to hopefully sign a 12-month renewal lease for our current apartment. However, before signing, we spoke with the manager because we had some concern about how the management was performing (i.e. taking a long time to do repairs). The manager then told us that she didn't want us as tenant anymore (actually, she said that she hates us) and that if we didn't sign a 12-month lease (without question) then we needed to give her 60 days notice and move out.

I told her that we would take the month-to-month option in our current lease. She then said that we would have to pay an extra $200 dollars a month for the month-to-month option. I then showed her that under the current lease, we only have to pay our current rent and that no where in the lease did it say that we needed to pay an extra $200 dollar. Our apartment manager then got mad, told us that she would have to talk to an attorney (besides me) and stormed off. We paid our rent at our current rate and left (without giving notice that we would move out).

I just annoyed that our manager has to be so irrational about this. I'm not sure why she hates us. We've always paid our rent on time. I think our manager just doesn't likes to deal with tenants that complain (or in our case, tenants who actually read their lease and not allow her to make up what the lease says).
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 29, 2006, 12:35:10 AM »
(or in our case, tenants who actually read their lease and not allow her to make up what the lease says).

That part seems the most likely. Oh, for a house of my own. Maybe someday, when we're 50.

Today was crappy. The nurse on the morning shift loves to boss everyone around and micromanage the crap out of everyone, and then complain when things don't go smoothly after it's all her fault. She stuck aroudn for 3 hours giving orders today even though she wasn't our charge nurse! And my feet hurt.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 12:36:41 AM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 29, 2006, 02:53:24 PM »
I'm grumpy because someone apppears to be TUI (typing under the influence).
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 29, 2006, 03:18:06 PM »
That's Gemm. We let him type like that, because it seems to make sense to him, and occasionally, he is, in fact, brilliant.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #216 on: July 29, 2006, 03:58:01 PM »
Well.... that wasn't too memorable. I never made that post. And I'm pretty sure no one can prove it now.

Hur huir!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 30, 2006, 12:38:37 PM »
I knew I should have quoted it! Curse you!

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 30, 2006, 01:49:39 PM »
Harbinger, you could delete your posts, if you wanted. And you probably should, because this thread has gone way off course.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 01:50:15 PM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2006, 03:37:39 PM »
http://www.geeksquad.com/wirelessnetwork/

What a racket. Guh. $60 to set up a wireless network. Things like this convince me that I picked the wrong career.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2006, 03:48:40 PM »
what's so hard about plugging a couple things in?

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2006, 01:59:48 AM »
Exactly. I'd like to get paid $60 to plug in cables and power cords. Instead I get paid much less to write about how to plug in those cables.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2006, 12:38:13 PM »
I decided to be all thrifty and install my high speed internet myself... save $50, I thought. Well, it took me a few days to get it and my router to get along. I even had to call in the help of a friend who works at MIT and goes to my ward. Thank heavens for free tech help from friends!
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Kuntrey_Pilgrum

• Level 4
  • One by one, the penguins stold my sanity....
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2006, 12:20:01 AM »
I'm grumpy cause there is no chocolate left and no more is coming until next week :'(I NEED CHOCOLATE
No Ninja Monkey can stand up to my Penguin Commandos! ATTACK!!!!

"This has to be an indicator of insanity. Not only am I talking to myself, i'm refusing to speak to me!"

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 09, 2006, 02:18:18 AM »
I'm grumpy because I hate being patient.  I pretty much just suck at it.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes