Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 155273 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #840 on: January 16, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »
I've parked my car a couple times where I shouldn't have when I was rushing to get something or someone, but if anyone ever complained I would move it right away and feel sheepish. It's not like convenient parking is a divine right.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shaggy

• Level 32
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I advise you not to argue. We have chipmunks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: January 16, 2009, 07:53:09 PM »
And what happened to consciences?? Don't people feel guilty nowadays??
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

Bringer of Flames, Leader of Destruction, Head Chipmunk.

High Chipolata of C.F.N (Chipmunks For Nuts)

"You sound like a commercial."

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: January 16, 2009, 08:07:40 PM »
I have also parked my car in the improper place a couple of times. I do however try to never block anyone in (especially at their own driveway). Yes it may take an extra couple of mins to find parking but I have found out that it is better than a ticket or being towed. Being towed is the worst. Its happened to me twice in the past 6 months so I try to obey all parking laws these days. Its hard when you go into the city though.

I also think you handled the situation very well. God forbid if that happened to the mother of my daughter when she was pregnant. I don't know what I would have done. I'm sorry to hear about the parking being so crazy. Maybe you can petition the town to post "No Parking" signs at the end of your driveway or maybe "Resident Parking Only". That way you have the ability to reference the signs if this comes up again.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

darxbane

• Level 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: January 16, 2009, 08:44:34 PM »
That would be so hard to not avenge.  I would rationalize it as a lesson in humility for the offender.  It's amazing how quickly a valve stem can be pulled from a tire.  A pair of pliers and a quick twist.  If that's too drastic, you should have tried to back your car up in a way that would make it impossible for her to move her car.  You can tell her your kids need to play in the driveway, and you will move your car when they are done.  Sometimes people need to experience their crime in order to understand it.
I wanted to write something profound here, but I couldn't think of anything.

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: January 16, 2009, 09:07:24 PM »
Darxbane that's a little malicious…I mean, if everybody responded to a wrong with another wrong, where would the world be? It would be a stream of neverending wrongs.…
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: January 16, 2009, 10:49:23 PM »
I happen to agree with darx here. I think that sometimes and I do mean "sometimes" people need to be shown what they are doing by having the same thing done to them.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: January 16, 2009, 11:19:02 PM »
OK, yes, but you have to be careful not to do stuff like that with regularity…for all you know, that woman just got laid off, her husband just left her, her kid was diagnosed with diabetes, she had put everything she had with Madoff, her bank just claimed her house, and her teenage daughter just got pregnant. Sometimes you gotta give people a little bit of a break.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #847 on: January 17, 2009, 12:28:44 AM »
(Still, she was terribly rude.)

I'm frustrated because I'm trying to buy a car, and I've found two cars that I like and I can't decide between them, and it's driving me mad.

One is a Subaru Impreza (manual trans.), and the other is a Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD.  The first has a reputation for reliability (and is also a newer car), but the latter is a much nicer (luxurious) car (and not a manual.  I can drive manual, but I prefer automatic).
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

CthulhuKefka

• Level 15
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #848 on: January 17, 2009, 12:45:17 AM »
I'm grumpy because my boss is, for lack of a better word, an idiot.

Instead of asking the people who have seniority if they want more hours/shifts, she goes ahead and hires 15 new people. Well, obviously those people need a place to work, so a few of us who actually have worked there for a little while lost our shifts.

>:(

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #849 on: January 17, 2009, 03:21:55 AM »
I like Darx's idea....The results could get interesting....And yes, I am evil.

Anyway. Grumpiness. Due to car troubles, I was stuck at work today with no car. Toward the end of my shift, I was suffering from a fairly bad stomach ache, my back was incredibly sore, I was sick of standing up, and I really just wanted to go home. Well, I had to wait for over half an hour for my mom to drive five minutes to come pick me up from work....

And I didn't get paid today. Apparently the checks couldn't get printed or something.

And a mouse died in the walls of my house and it stinks like none-other. Seriously. It reeks. The only good thing is that it's my sisters's room and not mine that stinks so bad...Unfortunately, I have to walk by it to get to my room. Sad, that.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Shaggy

• Level 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: January 17, 2009, 04:46:52 AM »
I have been stuck at home with an over 100.8 fever all day. The reason I don't have a specific temperature is because my stupid thermometer goes at like .5 miles per hour so we just stopped so we weren't there all day. My throat hurts, my head hurts, my eyes hurt, my joints hurt, and I don't feel good. Obviously. And I missed the last Drama class today so that sucks 'cause Drama is the best and next week I have to do Art. Not that that isn't great and all, but nothing beats Drama. Nothing.
The Shag Dog Has Spoken

SniperCatBeliever

{Pie-Lover Poster Boy}

OOP Member.

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #851 on: January 22, 2009, 03:06:19 AM »
I had an absolutely terrible day at work today. I work at a restaurant, and I was supposed to be off at 2, but a lady I work with asked me to work til 5 because she wanted to take her whiny daughter home. Me being nice, said yes, no problem. And therefore I was the only one working between 2 and 5. Normally there's a person there until 3, but I think the manager sent her home at 1.....

Anyway. There was this HUGE pick-up order (110 dollars worth of sandwiches) for 3:15. And the guy comes in to pick it up at 2:20....I'm so not ready for him, but oh well. We were slow, so I tell him to come back at 2:45, and they'll all be done. Pretty much right after that, I got slammed.

I'd just made my food when all this happened as well. I didn't get back to it for 45 minutes, and by then it was cold and needed to be thrown away....So I haven't eaten since 10:30 this morning.

On top of all this, I burned my arm on a pan, and I got no tips. Not even from the huge order....It sucked. Bad.
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #852 on: January 22, 2009, 10:54:13 PM »
I must say, I'm glad I only worked as a waitress for a short time.  It sucked.
Speaking of suckage, why do you only throw up at might? especially little kids.  It seems all the little digestive bugs really go to town after you go to bed.  I hate getting up in the night for vomit.

readerMom

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • Books, mostly
« Reply #853 on: January 22, 2009, 10:55:11 PM »
That would be at night, not might.  I'm the one sick this time and I can't type properly.

Comfortable Madness

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: January 22, 2009, 11:35:35 PM »
Good point. I believe the reason is because your body temperature naturally rises in the evening thus increasing the degree of your sickness.

“I will never serve you, Father of Lies. In a thousand lives, I never have. I know that. I’m sure of it. Come. It is time to die.” Rand al'Thor

"Mourn if you must. But mourn on the march to Tarmon Gai'don." Logain Ablar