Author Topic: Revenge of Grumpy Bear  (Read 151241 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of Grumpy Bear
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »
Wow, I feel bad, I just have a general sense of malaise... and not a real problem.
I hope everyones lives just get better.

Fishie, hang in there...

oh and Oldielocks try numbing it with ice...

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2006, 09:11:14 PM »
Fish, sometimes when the walls come down, all you can do is .... Well, I don't know; for me, I feel like scrunching myself up in the fetal position, locking myself up in my apt, and praying for a interdimensional portal to swallow me up. Then I won't have to admit to everyone here that I need help moving again after just 3 months because I can't afford my new place.

Also, I basically want to drop out of school at Emerson because I have so little faith with the program. Plus I can hardly stand knowing that I've let myself "go," developing what I half-jokingly call The Boston Bulge. I try to laugh about it and all the other stuff but it's not working so great. Ranting, though, is probably better than stuffing my face more. :P  
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2006, 11:43:15 PM »
So I taught a stress management class on the fly today. Take three big breaths, being sure to expand your stomach. Trust me it makes you feel a little better.

It worked for me this evening after leaving my social work class feeling completely traumatized. We watched a video on adoption, then my instructor shared her stories from her years of working at an adoption agency entitled "Tales from the Crypt". Just needed to throw some clips from some Romanian orphanages to make it truly cheerful.  :(

People are scum that is all I can say.

I'm going to take some more deep breaths and shoot some bad-guys in some sort of virtual world.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2006, 09:15:06 AM »
I'm grumpy because we have a mouse.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2006, 03:12:41 PM »
Ew.  That's a good reason to be grumpy.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 24, 2006, 03:56:47 PM »
Reason #1: It's too hot. I hate the summer.

Reason #2: It's time to throw away the contacts and boil the contact case: I managed to get pink eye. In both my eyes. Ow and yuck.

Reason #3: My 6-year-old woke me up at 4am because he was playing Nintendo. I shooed him back to bed, and to make sure that he wouldn't just sneak out and do it again, I tried to take the power supply. But I couldn't get it out of the mass of controller cords and adapters, so I just picked up the whole mess and tossed it into my closet.

Reason #4: When Comcast was at my house on Saturday to fix the poor signal on my cable service, they disconnected my Internet service. The word "incompetent" comes to mind. Or maybe "clueless."
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 03:59:47 PM by Old_One »

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2006, 01:30:03 AM »
My wife has been hogging the TV lately so she can watch "Pimp My Ride" on MTV. This just strikes me as wrong.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2006, 01:41:03 AM »
It's a good show.
I wanted to register for a message board online but "the administrator has banned the use of free email addresses (hotmail, yahoo, etc.). Please use your work, school, or website email and rest assured that your information will be kept private."

Newsflash! Not everyone HAS a job where they get email!!  Or is in school for the rest of their lives.  GRRR.  Now I have to get my husband to set me up a useless alias I won't use??  (And I dont' get a school email address until after the quarter begins).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 01:42:52 AM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2006, 01:44:39 AM »
I can get you one if you really want.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2006, 02:52:56 AM »
This is the second DirecTV receiver I've had in three weeks, and now it won't receive *at all*, let alone record anything. I haven't been able to watch TV at home for about a month. It wouldn't be so bad--I'm not much at home anyway--but I am paying for the Tivo thing, so I ought to be able to use it. Now they're sending me yet another receiver, and hopefully this one will work, but this is just making me mad.

Not to mention, I was really looking forward to watching those old episodes of Simon and Simon I'd Tivoed. Simple pleasures, I know, but it's been very nostalgic for me since I discovered they were on TV.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »
After looking at European legislation all morning, I have come to the conclusion that British legislators are the most pompous law-writers in the world.

The German law was very straightforward. The French law was a little less-so, but it was still clear.

The British law, however, is a maze of references. For example:

17. - (1) Subject to the following provisions of this section, personal data must not be processed unless an entry in respect of the data controller is included in the register maintained by the Commissioner under section 19 (or is treated by notification regulations made by virtue of section 19(3) as being so included).

(2) Except where the processing is assessable processing for the purposes of section 22, subsection (1) does not apply in relation to personal data consisting of information which falls neither within paragraph (a) of the definition of "data" in section 1(1) nor within paragraph (b) of that definition.

I feel pity for people who decide to become solicitors.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2006, 03:21:05 PM »
The problem with Brittish law is that they have a very strong oral tradition and thus, what is written isn't as important as in other countries (and thus the legislature doesn't care about how things are written down).

However, I'm sure the Brittish solicitor learns how to interpret and navigate such confusion. Besides, if normal people could understand the law, then there would be no need for lawyers.
Lost One cringes at the thought of lawyers being useless

The world needs lawyers!
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2006, 12:15:20 AM »
The world needs lawyers!

That's right! Atlantis ain't gonna rebuild itself, people!
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Rak-O-Latern

• Level 4
  • I smile coz I have no idea whats going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2006, 05:27:50 AM »
Don't diss the british. I am english, and all I can say is at least we don't eat 500000000000 hamburgers a day!
lol only kidding.

But also if you think we have stupid laws,
then get a load of this

In alaska it is illegal to push a moose out of an aeroplane. I mean whats the moose doing in the aeroplane to begin with.

And in Iowa, . Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.

And finally in Kentucky, you cannot put an ice cream in your pocket. If you don't believe me then look at this.

http://www.eldar.org/~ben/funny/html/180.html
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 05:39:39 AM by Raktor »
"Just coz I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand."- Homer Simpson

The Bot

• Level 6
  • I have a PhD in comedy, & a diploma in..in..Fiona?
    • View Profile
    • Fantastic Fantasy
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2006, 05:36:37 AM »
Oooh, someone really is a grumpy bear today!

Seriously, I'm British, and I agree that the law is passed on verbally more than in writing. And besides, everyone's got a solicitor to interpret the..ya know...stuff.

Bye, everyone, and don't go puttin any ice cream in your pockets!

P.S: Be kind to mooses, they're not good flyers.
Frankly, I'm shocked. But, even more frankly, I'm always shocked.