Author Topic: review: Expanded Psionics Handbook  (Read 2467 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: review: Expanded Psionics Handbook
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2004, 07:20:57 PM »
One presumes Bulls Strength is among them.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2004, 07:22:34 PM »
Ya, acutaly the psionic versoin is a single spell that gives you the chose to raise any attribute by 4.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2004, 07:23:30 PM »

Oh well.  Stunning is all mind blast does anyway, just use more power points if you want a longer duration or widen power if you want a bigger cone.

it's not an augmentable power, it's one round period.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2004, 07:36:10 PM »

it's not an augmentable power, it's one round period.

My psionic blast says 'for every 2 additional power points you spend, the duration of the stun increases by 1 round.'  Let me go check out the errata.

Actually I was talking about cleric for spell buffs, so not animal affinity.  Bull Strength would be offset by other buffs I'm guessing the cleric is supposed to use, which I guess would be divine power, righteous might, divine shield, divine favor, greater magic armor/weapon.  Some of those spells have errata, and even without the errata I wouldn't say it makes you better than a fighter, just close.  The duration on most those spells is also pretty short, you can't just walk around with them.

I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2004, 07:38:29 PM »
only one way to resolve the balance issue. Make characters of various levels and have them duel it out tourney style

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2004, 07:46:46 PM »
Didn't find any errata on psionic blast, but I haven't checked the boards yet.  Sometimes there is 'forthcoming' errata on the boards.

Not exactly a duel to the death, but I have a cleric and my brother has a fighter in the same campaign, and I've cast those spells before and my brother's character was still a better tank and could throw down more damage.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.