Author Topic: Beyond the Supernatural 2  (Read 2919 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Beyond the Supernatural 2
« on: January 19, 2005, 12:42:03 PM »
From the Palladium Books website:

"Beyond the Supernatural 2 Will Ship Early!
Our wonderful printer finished the book early, so a few advance copies have already been sent out. The book will officially ship tomorrow, January 19th! Therefore, stores in the Midwest should have them around Monday, and throughout the US sometime next week."

Hooray! Merry Christmas to Spriggan, and I just might have to get a copy for myself.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

AlexM

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond the Supernatural 2
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 05:40:23 PM »
And don't forget the signed and numbered, gold hardcover edition of BTS 2 which will be available in February exclusively from Palladium Books (only 500 copies).

Alex Marciniszyn,
Palladium Books

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 05:47:17 PM »
A listed shipping date?  Am I just too used to WotC, or am I being punk'd?
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 06:25:42 PM »
Whooo! Two things that make my day!  A new Joker in the next DC Heroclix set and BTS2 shipping early!  
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 07:51:17 PM »
I tell you, I haven't even seen the game yet and I was psyched as all git-out about the limited edition print. I will probably hold back (I play too many games to overindulge in just one like that), but if you're a big BTS fan it looks really nice.

Also, hi Alex; always nice to see a big name on the forum.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 07:54:58 PM by Fellfrosch »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 08:19:20 PM »
BTS came up as a possible game to play in our group, but the guy who owns it (he also owns a few other palladium games) said that CoC did it better. I'd be interested as a CoC fan to hear another opinion :)

I also notice that your fanatic RIFTs indulgence has attracted the occasional comment from Palladium, fell. I am almost tempted to make a comment about your incestuous relationship with that company, but would I take such a cheap shot? ;)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 08:53:32 PM »
You're right: I pimp myself out just so I can get the occasional comment from them on the forums. It's all the payment I need.

I've actually been very harsh on them from time to time. I think they read my good reviews, get happy, and post, and then read what I said about Siege on Tolkeen and leave.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 10:05:54 PM »
There are several previews at gameing report

http://www.gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=15646
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Alex Marciniszyn

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 02:45:34 PM »
Just thought I'd drop you guys another line to tell you about a new web site we created. Wayne Smith is responsible for www.lazlosociety.org which is an-character site for players of Beyond the Supernatural, 2nd edition.

We've had numerous articles posted that should provide adventure ideas for players. One of my favorite threads is titled "dog" on the Agency Voice board. It includes a link to photos of an actual strange animal that was shot and killed, along with the story behind it.

I invite everyone to have a look.

Alex Marciniszyn,
Editor, Palladium Books

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2005, 03:19:03 PM »
the above post is proof that TWG is indeed on the map.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 05:01:42 PM »
Spriggan and I went through the lazlosociety.com site yesterday, and we were mostly impressed but kind of worried. It's a great idea: essentially an online extension of the RPG that ties your game to a larger community, and allows you to post and communicate completely in character. In practice, it has the potential to degenerate pretty quickly simply because it's so inclusive--online roleplaying is hard enough when you can control who's allowed to post, but when anyone who wants can join the conversation it can get out of hand.  lazlosociety.com hasn't yet (possibly due to vigilant moderation), so it may be unfair to level this concern so early. It's a cool idea, though, and a really good source of adventure ideas.

And seriously: I read that dog thing, and I can't figure out if it's fake or not. Is it a real website linked to on a fake message board? A fake website created by a fake message board? A fake website completely unrelated to the fake message board? Freaky pictures, either way.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 05:06:06 PM by Fellfrosch »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2005, 07:48:40 PM »
It's a great idea, but unless you never let people post or make it so you have to approve all the post before they go live it'll degrade as your typical internet goons find the place.  Besides that I think Fell said everything else I was thinking.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 10:33:46 PM »
It's also not a new idea. Hunter-net.org has been going for years now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 10:37:57 PM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 01:29:36 AM »
It's still a cool idea, though, new or not, and I'd like to see the pull it off.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2005, 02:46:24 AM »
Unknown armey also does something similar, but that dosen't make it any less cool (if its done well and supported).

Also, Fell weren't you supposed to bring my copy to Clix night?  Humm....a conspiercy is afoot.