Author Topic: Ultimate RIFTS  (Read 1411 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Ultimate RIFTS
« on: March 17, 2005, 03:21:10 AM »
From the Gaming Report:

Marc Shayed Reports: Kevin Siembieda of Palladium confirmed today that for this year's anniversary of Rifts they would be releasing "Ultimate Rifts" in August of 2005. The book will contain new material, clarifications, tweaks and will contain "more color".  It will update and expand the rules for Rifts.

No one over on the Palladium boards know anything yet since Kevin is in Vegas, but I'm quite intreagued.

Some threads to follow:

http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=36755

http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=36724

Maybe if we're lucky Alex M will stop by and give us some info sometime.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2005, 03:22:29 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Ultimate RIFTS
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 05:15:56 PM »
Maybe if we all clap our hands and say, "I do believe in editors!"
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 05:17:55 AM »
There was a release today on Palladium's site that had some details:

Good ol' Rifts® is starting to show its age, however, so as a number of fans have been suggesting for a few years now, we decided it's time to give Rifts® an overhaul and face lift. I'll be tweaking some rules (nothing major), rewriting and updating 80% of the book, adding pages, adding new art, probably adding more color and, in short, making Rifts® better than ever. Since this really isn't a Second Edition (seeing how the rules are staying mostly the same), I decided to call it "ultimate" . . . Ultimate Rifts®.

Ultimate because there will be more information, more background, more guidance on how to play and use the World Books, updated skills, updated O.C.C.s, a character sheet, and a whole lot more that should please long time fans and attract newcomers. A book that Rifts® players will want (not need) and something new gamers and retailers should chomp their teeth at getting into their hands. At the same time, making it so all existing World Books and other sourcebooks all remain eminently useful.

There's also a poll going to see if people want softcover or hardcover, though the hardcover is only going to be about $6-$8 more then the softcover (about $35).  Got to love how cheep palladium manages to keep their books.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 05:18:39 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Nicadymus

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 12:52:26 PM »
I would pick this up just so that i had the new rules.  Something about keeping tabs on one of the first systems i ever played is important to me.
Boogie woogie woogie!!