Author Topic: The RPG session  (Read 2633 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: The RPG session
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2005, 07:25:18 PM »
I seem to spend a lot of time making plans that none of the other players get, unless I'm playing with EUOL. So after I've spent an hour creating the most complicated, drawn-out plan I can possibly imagine, someone decides just to bash the problem and be done with it.

So I'm thinking I want to write a rpg centered around a dinner table, which imposes some inherent ironies.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: The RPG session
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2005, 07:29:40 PM »
Haha. Yeah, that was the forte of some of the other players in my group. I tend to be the one who likes the simple plans (less things that can go wrong, the less that will go wrong). On one occasion, we were parked in our groups hovercraft, looking at a mile wide chasm. The others were discussing using monofilament rope to go across, or climbing down and up, and such things. I just said, 'Lets drive around in the hovercraft'. The people making the plans stopped, looked at me, then said, 'uh, ok.'

Lol.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch