Author Topic: favorites anyone?  (Read 9096 times)

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
Re: favorites anyone?
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2005, 05:39:07 AM »
A cohort who does all the stuff I don't want to bother with: Manuel Labor.
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

Fangirl

• Level 2
  • Join the Dark Side - We have cookies!
    • View Profile
    • The Smith Geeks
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2005, 09:51:10 PM »
I've always been partial to elves ... but I think that's because I like drawing them, really.  I manage to get into entertaining scrapes with them - my last game, Lia ended up as an elvish vampire sorceress, and I thought that was pretty cool.  :D
"The Sith can throw lightning from their fingertips; this makes any one of them a Darth and stormy knight."

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2005, 02:49:24 AM »
Elves are pretty good as undead.  Since they have no Con score, makes them quite a bit more powerful since they normally have a penalty on that.  And if you did a wizard or sorcerer, then you also get d12 hit dice instead of d4 plus the free sword and bow proficiencies.  Yeah that is pretty sweet, hmm.  Too bad for the low BAB though.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2005, 03:45:50 AM »
To play, probably Dwarves.  They're just fun.  Plus, in D&D 3.5 I enjoy trying to use my Dwarven Stability bonus in every possbile situation.

In general, I'm a huge fan of both undead and beholders.  I've no idea why I love beholders so much, but it may stem from my chosen profession.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2005, 09:21:05 AM »
I'm with Dr P on the beholders. Generally I love all the aberrations - especially the wierdo ones like the Aboleths. Probably cthulhuoid tendencies.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

cyan10101

• Level 6
  • the spice is vital for space travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2005, 06:21:55 PM »
I was looking through the monster manual the other day at all the kinds of monsters you could possibly play as.  I was just going off the level adjustment as the indicator that you could play as one.  Am i right in my guess?  I bet you could probably play as anything but i think they use level adjustment to use as a guideline as to what you can and can't play.  Anyway, lots of cool monsters.
everything was going fine, until i critically failed my intelligence check!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2005, 06:34:29 PM »
Certain types are not allowed because they are too wierd. You'll never find rules for playing oozes or zombies, for example. Not sure on aberrations -i've only got the 3.0 MM.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2005, 04:24:14 AM »
Well there is a rule about PCs needing at least an Intelligence score of 3.  That rules out your basic zombies and oozes.  There is the intelligent juju zombie, which does have an LA, and the worm that walks which is an intelligent ooze that also has a listed LA.  They also don't usually list monster LAs if it makes them epic, so you have LAs for the youngest dragons but not the older ones as they reach epic levels.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.