Author Topic: Re: Help...please?  (Read 1452 times)

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: Help...please?
« on: February 19, 2006, 02:47:28 AM »
My advice:

1) Get rid of the sig image.

2) Rewrite this as a screenplay, then send it in to a soap opera and point out in  can be filmed with a 0$ budget.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 03:38:09 AM »
Run away. Now. In fact, move to a different state, if possible.  ;D

No seriously it's very dangerous to try to date people from the same group of friends. Especially if you've already gone out with two of them. It gets messy with all sorts of weird emotions flying around. And I have to say, from the way you've presented this, it sounds like you are just moving from one victim to the next. I could be wrong, but granted that you're 15 and not looking for something extremely serious, I could be right.

Then again, when I was 16 I dated the best friend of the guy I really liked, because he liked me and my crush (out of respect for his buddy) wouldn't look twice at me. So I went out with the one who was calling me all the time and drove a cool car and took me to dinner and bought me gifts because I was young and impressed by things like that. I didn't like him per se--but I wanted to try the experience of having a boyfriend. Anyway what I'm saying is that we all play with each others emotions at times--especially when we're young. Half the time we don't even know what we feel! But that doesn't mean that people don't get hurt. So be careful. Avoid hurting people as much as humanly possible.

Now, if you desperately want to roleplay, that's one thing. But if the only reason you want to stay in the group is to get close to whichever boy you like--Luke or whoever--then don't. Hang out with him somewhere else where your ex's won't have to sit and watch.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 04:26:40 AM »
I agree with what has already been said.

Just get out of the situation all together.

If you really want to try role-playing then that's one thing, but doing it just because you hope to start dating another one of these guys is just wrong.

IMO, you should temper your crushes on these guys.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 10:26:50 AM »
there are a couple of issues involved here.

1. You've dated a few of these guys. Hey if this isnt a weird thing for them or you, don't worry about it at all. It sounds like the GM guy has a problem with it, but hey, not his house right? On the you being a "whore" front you can confront him, tell him to never call you that word again if he values having gonads and drop it. Tell him who you date is none of his buisness, even if he's their friend it isnt.

2. You need to do something while your there. Just sitting and watching a game is distracting and annoying. There are lots of things you can do without being a player in the game. One of the hardest things for a GM to do is run NPC's, its another thing in the GM's head to distract him from the next trap or monster. Volunteer to run some of his NPC's. Or conversely you could be the gofer , pizza soda you name it you can fetch it. You have to do something, because you are being disruptive, and that problem will get worse.

3. Dating. If you want to date any of these guys and your hanging out to get their attention... dont. Go out on dates, watch movies, or hang out away from the group a lot. Showing up to a game once in a while is cool, just dont make a habit of it. If you want to participate... well thats a different story. Participate, and everyone will have a good time.

4. If you really want to play a game, get going sooner. Games stopping at 10 are par for the course for the over 25 working crowd. My hackmaster game goes from 7-10 which is just enough time... most of the time. If you start at say 6 and go till 10 thats a good 4 hours of roleplaying (pretty respectable).

Anyhow I hoped that helped.

Oh... and dont use drugs! :D

« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 05:29:40 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!