Author Topic: The D&D connection  (Read 1363 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
The D&D connection
« on: February 17, 2006, 01:09:48 PM »
I've been using public transit lately, the other day I got a copy of Dragon magazine to read and was flipping throught the pages waiting for the 5:45  #82 bus (Pentagon City to Shirlington) when a slightly pudgy programmer middle manager type of guy says out of the blue "So, what games do you play?"

I had two reactions, one I was annoyed... I was kind of in personal space mode, and its jarring to be jolted out of that. On the other hand I was pleased, I mean 20 years ago, D&D was taboo, roleplaying was taboo,... now the guys playing D&D in moms basement run things. When they see things like issues of Dragon, or miniatures, or me going through a rulebook all of a sudden they are suddenly 12 years old again and the world is still full of possibilities.

it was weird....
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: The D&D connection
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 09:49:16 AM »
I had that once when slugging.
Picked up an Air Force captain at the Pentagon who was reading RPG books. Pretty cool.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: The D&D connection
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 10:47:07 AM »
Today I was in the Gas station with a Doctor Who book today and the cashier said " Hey the Doctor, alright! I know this Airforce Doctor who runs a Website..." and on he went. I just wanted a diet coke. :D
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!