Author Topic: Hackmaster: Contract Negotiations  (Read 1476 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Hackmaster: Contract Negotiations
« on: February 28, 2006, 12:19:42 PM »
So last night was taken up by the longtime staple of Hackmaster games, renegotiating the Groups charter. Which is a lot like a parlimentary meeting.

A motion was made (by me) to scrap the old charter and remove the player who hadnt made our last 5 sessions from the roster. Since the original charter was effectively his idea, I felt that this was an appropriately chaotic thing to do.

It only took 4 hours of negotiating and whinging to agree to the new contract.
Our new charter is a share system, with the ability to call dibs on items (which cost shares) and a 2 man dibs overide if the players object. I.E. if 2 or more party members object to dibs then the item is not "dibbed"

Items im particularly fond of, the groups 401 k plan (my idea) and the groups incidental equipment fund.

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Hackmaster: Contract Negotiations
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:47:53 PM »
What interest do you earn on the 401k? And what's the penalty for early withdrawal?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 02:06:58 PM »
5% interest paid monthly plus a share with a 10% tax penalty paid into the general fund for withdrawl for anything other than fortressess and education.

blcdrayco

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Oops.  Well, who needs Asia anyways, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 01:06:12 AM »
I just have to say- this is lightly surreal for someone who has a hard time finding groups that play anything more complex than "thuz angry, thuz kill".
It does not matter if you are the emperor of man- If your wife is angry, you sleep on the couch.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 11:03:58 AM »
Indeed, well it gets worse. In an effort to exchange a gem for ready party cash, we inherited a huge heaping parcel of slaves which our Magic user "the last of the Yarn weavers" promptly freed and adopted (thus fulfilling her goal of restarting her clan) We then realized that the gem was probably a better way to transport that much gold (it was worth 5,000 hard silver which is worth 2 gold). So in an effort to rid ourselves of encumbering cash we bought, a whole heap of spices and food. A mammoth with a mammoth handler (for transport) a few horses, a lot of hirelings (2 mages a cleric, and 4 fighters on top of our other 2 hirelings named #1 and #2) our 2nd fighter Ian wanted to buy a ton of cider (an actual ton... the idiot) but we managed to convince him that this would leave us in much the same state as having 5000 + coins.

We set out, cleared the roads to the town we had been hired to clear the roads too, gave them the mammoth to use as a snowplow (with a huge boost to my honor) and then headed west to find the sacred holly branch of the clerics of Odin. The first encounter would have killed us if we hadnt had the foresite to buy a lot of habanero oil. What habanero oil was doing in the frozen north I dont know, but apparently the town we found it in had been populated by Mexican Vikings. Any how a great white wyrm attacked us, badly mauling our heroic hirling cleric, who leaped onto the Wyrm and clung to its lower lip hitting the creature in the face with his hammer while we threw black pepper greek fire and habenero oil onto it. Eventually it failed a moral check and buggered off. Leaving Heinrich without a pelvis or working legs (it fell on him... a lot).

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 11:11:47 AM »
travelling further west we came upon a cloud giant sitting on a rock. He reacted well to my bards high charisma and allowed us to pass into giant country in search of the Scorn giants who stole the sacred holly. He even gave us directions. (At which point the gm declared how much he hated me for having such a high comliness and charisma) Reaching the scorn giant plateau we ran into 3 giants, which any sane low level party would have avoided. We chose to climb up and intitate a parlay with them. We didnt speak scorn giant. The gist of the parley went like this.
"Hello Giants!"
" INTRUDERS! THROW ROCKS!"
It was fortunate that the hirelings we had had the foresight to purchase knew how to turn our wagon into a catapult. Because we might have died. A luck phantasmal fireball from our mage made one giant do a swan dive from the heights of the plateau while combined fireballs, greek fire and catapult fire directed by us managed to kill the other 2. It was a very close thing. Very close. Our cleric was down, I was down to 15 hp and another rock would have turned me into paste and our mage was down to 2 hp.
Very lucky.