Author Topic: Geek Girl #8  (Read 15777 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Geek Girl #8
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2006, 05:44:32 PM »
He's being a one-note-record about mockman.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2006, 05:52:46 PM »
Thanks for having my back gee.
say what again?

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2006, 07:43:28 PM »
I was being nice about it. I took into consideration the fact that mockman was a friend of Fish's and so I didn't try to scold or embarass him, I played it off as a joke. Beside that, I only posted twice, meaning that I wasn't a broken record, I just referred back to a single previous post. I really don't see how that is out of line.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2006, 10:32:19 PM »
I don't take well to people criticising my friends.  Ever.  In any situation.  Even when they deserve it.  

Ah, okay. I can certainly see why my comment didn't go over so well. Noted for future reference! I appreciate the explanation, etc.

/me looking forward to more Geek Girl columns in the future. :)
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2006, 11:32:05 PM »
Yeah, I'll try to lighten up.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2006, 02:49:20 PM »
My apologies, Archon, I admit that I overreacted a little.

And Mockman: just because I slapped Archon doesn't mean that you can post with impunity. Read the FAQ, use the shift key, and start writing (and spelling and capitalizing and punctuating) a little more clearly. It will make your comments a lot easier to read.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2006, 05:26:24 PM »
Yo yall  can't be that anal
say what again?

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2006, 05:28:26 PM »
We can.
And will.

Seriously, just try a little formatting and organization.

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2006, 07:46:36 PM »
what? yall can't tell me how to type. I thought this was about roleplaying not grammer 4rum? You yall need to relax and stick to the topic. Besides the rant and stupid comments board is somewhere else. :P :P :P :P
say what again?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2006, 08:05:31 PM »
This is our site, we set the rules, and typing as correctly as possible is one of them. We don't enforce this rule directly, but we tend to make brutal fun of people who don't do it. I've watched your back in the past because I've met you in real life, and I like you, and because you're a friend of MsFish, but the grace period is over. I've asked you politely, you've thrown it back in my face, and the back-watching ends here.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Harbinger

• Level 10
  • Goes up to eleven
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2006, 08:20:38 PM »
I just got this mental image of a tumbleweed blowing between two gunslingers in an old West town.

Edited to add: and aslong as we're talking about writing rules, it's "Quixote." That's been bugging me.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:21:54 PM by Harbinger »
Fighter, your intelligence is found to be lacking when compared to the average intelligence of a group of your peers. -White Mage

Small boys throw stones at frogs in jest. But the frogs do not die in jest. The frogs die in earnest. -Pliny the Elder

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2006, 08:22:14 PM »
Mockman, the thing is, while there's a lot of gamers on this forum, there are also a lot of editors and writers.  So grammar is a must.  Or they'll crucify you.  

On a slightly unrelated note though, this is a highly contentious thread.  I seem to be spawning all sorts of contention lately, and *I don't like it!*  That is all.  
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:24:27 PM by MsFish »
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2006, 01:09:16 AM »
I wouldn't worry about it, MsFish. If mockman wants to post on the forum, he was eventually going to encounter this problem. It just happened to be in this thread, because this was one of the first threads he posted in. In other words, you didn't cause this. Just because mockman is your friend, doesn't mean that you are responsible for his actions. Besides, it's really not that big a deal. Now, if you happen to start a world war, then we'll have to talk.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 01:09:37 AM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2006, 01:22:42 AM »
Well thanks archon? Anyway do yall think a d20 future character in a regular d&d setting would be unbalanced?
say what again?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2006, 10:52:17 AM »
Almost certainly. Half the D&D character options are unbalanced though, so I wouldn't worry about it :P
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch