Author Topic: Geek Girl #8  (Read 15781 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: Geek Girl #8
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2006, 07:29:03 PM »
You know what, I think I'm through with this whole column thing.  All it does is make people angry, and I don't need that in my life.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2006, 07:45:47 PM »
I think it's more it exposes your lack of a sense of humor when it comes to how people react to your articles.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 07:48:50 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2006, 08:00:26 PM »
Fish, I wasn't angry. Just taken aback by your reaction. (I felt like -you- were mad, though; that's what baffled me.) I count you as a friend and, well, I'm not in the habit of going around offending my friends. Somehow, I just don't find that very fun.

So I basically despaired of being able to figure out how my comment sparked this, is all. 'Cuz I'd like to keep you as a friend and even get to know you better.

I love your columns, and I'm sure a lot of people would be sad if you stopped writing them. Including me.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:01:31 AM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2006, 08:45:55 PM »
and I was only kidding about elevators...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2006, 10:07:45 PM »
Off Topic: Fish is totally hot and should post more pictures with her columns.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2006, 11:07:20 PM »
And yet again, JP proves himself master of the inappropriate comments. :P
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2006, 11:21:37 PM »
hey what about me? What about the dang dirty orcs?
say what again?

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2006, 11:38:27 PM »
Hey, he posts again. With punctuation this time.

By the by, Fish, I don't think that Shrain meant to be offensive. I don't agree with her position, but it seems she was taking up for you more than anything. I certainly don't think this should be a reason for you to stop writing a column that everyone seems to enjoy so much. But, once again, I am a little insane, so I may be wrong.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 11:41:29 PM by Archon »
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

mockman

• Level 3
  • the last dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2006, 11:43:29 PM »
ms fish for real, we like your articles and love the comments, we need more people like you and articles like this to show people that we are not wierd devil-worshiping geeks that lives in their sisters basement and have like no lives and no matters. I for one enjoy the thursday night games and i like that a actual women would hang out to play. I mean i didnt start playing until i got married and introduced to the game by a flyer in a comic store that i was finally able to get the courage to go into. Like everyone looks at me and the first thing they say is "you must be the first black guy i know who listens to hip-hop, plays basketball, and loves to watch football and play d&d and reads comics.  At first i would keep the fact i game or read comics hidden from people i date and people at work so they would not think i was "strange"[ but since i have been like hanging out at ive have met some of the best friends and people ive ever known. I check this sight everyday to get peoples reactions to stress of being a "normal geek". when i was in ny none of my friends gamed or read comics so it was really lonly going to the comic store by myself and not having anyone to relate and since i didnt look like a geek those kids in my school would were into gaming thought i was just one of those people who just wanted to make fun and they gave me the biggest like im better than you atitude(which was dumb since i was a foot taller and bigger and could beat the heck out of them but anyway.)so it was until ten years later that i actually got into gaming. So from hip-hop loving geek tahnks for you cool inspiring articles. And if people cant take that then that is their problem.....dang dirty orc-loving monsters.
say what again?

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2006, 11:47:17 PM »
Oops, he lost it again.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2006, 12:17:19 AM »
Yeah, well, by "people," I meant me.  Lol.

Actually, I think Sprig's the one who hit it on the nose.  I don't take well to people criticising my friends.  Ever.  In any situation.  Even when they deserve it.  

So I apologize for my reaction and will try to do better in the future.  

And in Mockman's defense, he did have some punctuation in there.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:18:58 AM by MsFish »
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2006, 12:20:13 AM »
Keep articles...articles...articles...brains...er, I mean articles...

EDIT: Blast, I keep posting to late! >:(
« Last Edit: February 20, 2006, 12:21:24 AM by OneEyedGreenPerson »
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2006, 04:03:46 PM »
To Fish: we love your articles, keep them coming.

To Archon: knock it off.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2006, 05:18:07 PM »
What did I do?

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2006, 05:30:39 PM »
Yeah.  What did Archon do?
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch