Author Topic: Re: review: Anti-religious Mems in Races of the Dr  (Read 12743 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: review: Anti-religious Mems in Races of the Dr
« on: March 31, 2006, 11:57:50 AM »
Something's wrong with the site. I went to post the link to this thread and hte article's gone. What happened?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 11:57:52 AM »
I told you not to post that article, SE. I don't want to have this discussion on the forums.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:00:16 PM »
I thought you suggested. I thought it was my call. Am I the associate editor or not? Is this gonna be another Kid Killowatt thing?

I didn't make that stuff up.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 12:04:37 PM »
Don't make this into a personal attack. The article was not only poorly researched, it was completely inappropriate for this site. Let's just drop it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 12:14:18 PM »
so you're saying that the subtle swastica mixed with the christian symbolism in the background of some of the pictures didn't mean anything?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 12:24:47 PM »
I'm saying that you're absolutely paranoid. WotC wouldn't put a swastika into a picture of a kobold.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 12:28:05 PM »
It's there! Have you even looked at it?

It's not like I"m proposing reptillian nazis ruling the world here (though I'm surprised they didn't with all the crap in here), but they made anyone vaguely religious out to be some psychotic fringe group bent on genocide. It's in the text.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 12:35:19 PM »
a) It's just a game.
b) We really don't need a fundamentalist Christian review of a roleplaying supplement. What is this, 1986?
c) The review wasn't even well-written. By the last paragraph you were just ranting. It was barely coherent.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 12:55:47 PM »
a) Sure it's just a game, but it's a patently offensive game product. It's design to carry out an agenda. An agenda I can't endorse.

b) that's offensive on so many levels I don't know where to start. I didn't make any claims about all RPGs being anti-religious. Just this one product. And it is.

c) gee thanks for the constructive criticism boss. Like this was worse written than your NaNo crap.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 01:09:38 PM »
We really don't need to make this into a big deal. The review was a pporly-written knee-jerk rant about paranoid religious fantasies. Not only that, it was the fifth such review you've submitted to me over the past two months. I've told you not to post them, I've offered some helpful writing advice over IM, and now you go over my head and abuse your authority as an editor. If you don't start to calm down, you will not have that authority much longer.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 01:18:17 PM »
 ::)

"I'll take my toys and go play somewhere else."

You're right. It doesn't have to be a big deal. I'm just writing reviews that look at what's actually in the book. You're name calling and derrogatory descriptions of what I'm bringing out of the texts doesn't do a whole lot to push your point of view.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »
You want me to push my point of view? Here's some evidence: you speculate that the author is actually a wiccan priest; you made a huge chart comparing the dragon species to the 12 apostles; you called the book a "training manual for slaves of the Illuminati conspiracy." And then, in your concluding paragraph, you just shouted some slogans and said "Brian Michael Bendis sucks." Honestly, where did that even come from?

I poor my heart and soul into this website, SE, and I'm sick of you treating it like your own little playhouse. You post articles late, you fill the forums with senseless crap nobody wants to hear, and you won't shut up about your freaking ninja monkeys. Give it up already! Nobody cares about your freaking ninja monkeys.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 01:44:52 PM »
yah, you've "poored" a lot in. That's why I've written more content, pay more attention to the forums, and do something besides show up once a week to update a lame poll. Sprig codes, Tage looks at the code, and I manage content. You sit on your butt and collect google money.

You're taking my quotes out of context, and you know it. I didn't say "illuminati" except to point out that this was the one group they weren't trying to defame.

And even you have to admit that the dragon chart was pretty insightful. I admitted that was speculation, but it was very convincing.

and the girls like my ninja monkeys. They bring them up more often than I do.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 01:49:07 PM »
You two really should move this to another place of discussion besides the forum.

Don't want members to start taking sides before you two have a chance to sort things out first.

I would lock this thread, but I think it would accomplish very little simce you both could unlock it.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 01:52:26 PM »
actually, I want the members choosing sides. Aren't we interest in disparate points of view? If anyone hates my review, we can print a second review. I'm writing these from the pont of view of how they affect me, and Fell is just deleting them.