Author Topic: Dreampod 9 how do you manage to do it?  (Read 1287 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Dreampod 9 how do you manage to do it?
« on: April 17, 2006, 11:27:22 AM »
Somehow, even though your games are hideously expensive, even though I have trouble getting anyone interested in your Anime style goodness, even though people think your stuff is strictly tabletop wargames and even though I thought I'd kicked your habit at least twice I keep coming back to you.

Im not like a battered spouse, or an addict, I just really like your settings. No scratch that, I love your settings, or at least Jovian Chronicles and Heavy Gear.

Its more of a rant about my game addicition than anything else, and it wouldnt be an issue if I hadnt sold my old copies of 1st and 2nd edition Heavy Gear at a used bookstore before.

So I guess are there games that you keep coming back to edition after edition even when your chances of playing them are slim?
Theres a dynamic there that I havent seen matched in many games. A combination of stunning art and quality writing turns your world books and intriguing characters into must have buys. At least I get your stuff at a discount now.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 11:46:14 AM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Dreampod 9 how do you manage to do it?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 12:27:12 PM »
So...Umm....what are you talking about?  Is this an RPG poetry thread or am I just not figuring it out?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 12:42:29 PM »
Your just not figuring it out I guess.

Recently I rebought Heavy Gear and Jovian Chronicles for the Silhouette system after I sold the previous editions ( I couldnt find players and they were taking up space on my bookshelf). I was wondering if anyone else has bought a game out of nostalgia for an older system, perhaps one they just sold?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 12:55:35 PM »
Ahh, well that make more sense.

I bought the 1st edition Star Wars D20 out of nostalgia for the WEG version.  Same with the new version of After the Bomb because of the old TMNT game.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 01:00:07 PM »
Yeah I did D20 out of Nostalgia for WEG. Then I hunted down the old WEG books and got them for myself again.

Sometimes older is better.