Author Topic: Role Player in public.  (Read 4219 times)

riftalope

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Are you gonna finnish that?
    • View Profile
Re: Role Player in public.
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 03:05:42 PM »
This reminds me of the "old days" of my gaming in the 80's at a Denney's restaurant. We played D&D or Champions, among other systems like Fringeworthy after ten once or twice a month. We didn't use miniatures much and it added to the amount of character work we did. Actually, we gamed there to do Role Play without too much of the "roll play". The manager let us game over night on coffee and sodas, knowing that we'd buy breakfast (for dinner) before we left. Also, more people filtered in overnight if the parking lot had a few cars.

We were normal teens and university students of the time. That meant loud color shirts, blue jeans, and one of the late joiners went Cindy Lauper. (Don't faint, we had three women gamers. Call Colleen a girl and she'll give you a frog!) Add to that being in Indianapolis. Most people at the time equated dice with gambling and we had loads of D6 on the table. It took two months before the cops became casual. One even said his son played.

At first we'd get a wide birth from having books with "Monster Manual", "Vampires" and "Villains" emblazoned on them. Sometimes there'd be "blue hairs" scowling from across the isle. We didn't get any other problems.
Pick up the Zen. Let it pull you faster to your point of balance. Once in balance, see the Zen all around you. Pick up the Zen. -Heropa, Zen and the Art of Grav-engine Recofiguration.

Kuntrey_Pilgrum

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • One by one, the penguins stold my sanity....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 12:53:06 AM »
So, I'm flirting with this guy over a mildly interesting tale of his about how he is the *BEST* player on World of Warcraftat the moment*cough* and I get stared at by this girl I sit behind in chemistry. I glared back at her, and she says, "Hey, ........., did you know your shirt is see-through?"  

Now I know why that kid had a stutter...... ;D 8)I am obviously the coolest ever.
No Ninja Monkey can stand up to my Penguin Commandos! ATTACK!!!!

"This has to be an indicator of insanity. Not only am I talking to myself, i'm refusing to speak to me!"

Aen Elderberry

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 01:53:01 PM »
Maybe the 40 year old guy staring at you was just jealous 'cause he wanted to be playing but his mom still won't let him.

Hauf  (over 40 year old guy who is still not playing as much as he'd like)
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore

"It is important to fight, and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated." - Albus Dumbledore