Games > Table-Top Games

Heroclix

(1/5) > >>

Entsuropi:
fun fun. i got hold of the deluxe starter box for Marvel HC. I now own a bunch of sweet models. the spiderman and wolverine models give many GW models a run for their money. i also managed to get a rookie firelord in a booster, who looks like a turbo charged nutter. ive been trying to figure out two 200 pt teams, so me and a mate can play. i can up with:

Wolverine (R)
Spiderman(E)
Scarlet Witch(R)
Wasp (R)
SHIELD Medic (V)

vs

Hobgoblin (V)
Boomerang (E)
Electra (E)
Kingpin (R)
Sabretooth (E)

I cant help shake the feeling that the first team is more powerful, and will give its player a big advantage. opinions anyone?

Oh, and i like the co-incidences - i buy HC, log onto the website and see a article for HC. good timing.

Other thoughts :
1) i should really like, go read some comics. i have read a grand total of one, which was the free issue of warhammer monthly they gave free with WD years ago. oh and some beano comics when i was 7, but they dont really count. it would be nice to know who the bleeding heck wolfsbane, boomerang and, for that matter, SHIELD are. i only recognise the electra and kingpin names because of the release of the Daredevil.
2) the Marvel HC Sentinal model SUXXORS. The equivelent DC model, the big yellow thing, looks much better.
3) i really really like how they did fliers. it is so comicbookish, the way they work. great stuff.

Fellfrosch:
SHIELD is a military organization (first American, now multi-national I believe). Imagine them as a cross between the CIA and a more visible version of Special Forces commandos. Their main job, as you can imagine, is fighting the minions of supervillains. At one point back in the 60s/70s, they had a giant flying aircraft carrier, kind of like the one in Tailspin (if they have that in England). I'm sure there's much more to say, but I can't think of it.

As for your initiation into Heroclix, congratulations! The models, as you say, can often get up into GW-level coolness, but the painting on most is still nowhere near that good. Still, on uniques especially, the painting is a lot better than you'd expect from mass-produced inch-high models.

Your teams...I think you may be right, the first could be a little better. I'm not acquainted with all of the versions of the figures that your using, but Probability Control and a medic could easily put that team over the top. On the other hand, the Experienced Sabretooth is quite probably the best deal for the points, and definitely your best fighter. Spiderman is a hard figure to use, and I'm not sure I have him figured out myself yet, so I can't help you there.

And yes, all versions of Firelord could be described as "turbo charged nutters." His numbers and powers drop off very quickly, but that's not necessarily bad if you use him right--a medic can heal him pretty easily, since his defense drops so low.

Entsuropi:

--- Quote ---Spiderman is a hard figure to use, and I'm not sure I have him figured out myself yet, so I can't help you there.
--- End quote ---

well, at a guess id say Spiderman is awesome at taking down fliers : he has ranged, is good damage, can leap and so can stop them simply sitting on buildings and shooting and later down on teh dial he gets flurry and outwit : wang off soaring and simply punch the flier to death.  TBH he also looks like a great solo model : he can go anywhere and kill anything just about. his speed is high as well, so hes great for hunting down shooters and fliers who are giving you the gyp.
At 82 points he takes a hefty chunk out of your points tho, so using him simply as another front line basher might be a horrible waste. Not great for small games then.

--- Quote --- As for your initiation into Heroclix, congratulations! The models, as you say, can often get up into GW-level coolness, but the painting on most is still nowhere near that good. Still, on uniques especially, the painting is a lot better than you'd expect from mass-produced inch-high models.
--- End quote ---

The beauty is that if i really dont like a paint job i can simply whip out my GW paints and do it myself :) Im actually quite tempted to do that before i go to any tournaments, simply so my models have the edge appearance wise.

Fellfrosch:
Well, Xplosion comes out next week (Monday, with any luck) and our local store is planning a Sealed Booster tournament. Stupid Mustard is too stupid to go, though. Also, Wizkids finally announced the next DC set: Cosmic Justice. Hooray!

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/products.asp?cid=37545

Spriggan:
My roomate, steve, is intrested in the clix games.  he has been sence Magenight came out, but donsen't want to pay for them with out playing it first.  Maybe sometime for like a hour or two we can get together and you can show us how to play?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version