Games > Table-Top Games

inquisitor

(1/6) > >>

Slant:
I just picked up some games pretty cheap.  I got Inquisitor for ten bucks and Talisman for (and I'm not kidding) thirty bucks.  Both brand new from a games store that is changing location and has to reduce inventory.  Now I already know about Talisman, but I was curious if any of you have played Inquisitor.  Anybody have any comments for good or ill about this game?

Fellfrosch:
We've been talking about Inquisitor in several threads...and we are a review site, after all, so there is a review that I continue to stand behind. Let me give you the summary: very cool ideas and very cool rules, but not complete enough to play as-is as either a wargame or RPG.

Entsuropi:
Uhhh... fell, WD and Exterminatus increase its potential significantly. There was a good article about campaigns in one of the White Dwarfs, and the exterminatus magazines are chock full of goodness.

The website has both downloads and a sample campaign up

http://www.exterminatus.com

Fellfrosch:
I'm fundamentally opposed to a game that I can only play if I buy more magazines. This was supposed to be a complete game, not a serialized one. A few official books, codex-style, would be nice, because I could buy the ones I want and leave the rest; a regular magazine with updating rules, however, bothers me.

I don't like video games with constant streams of patches, either, but at least those are free.

Entsuropi:
I did not say they were "patches", only that they increased its potential.

And GW will put the articles in the 2002 and 2003 compendiums... those are codex sized and priced with lotsa articels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version