Author Topic: article: MormonClix  (Read 3092 times)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: article: MormonClix
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 12:39:23 PM »
I'm looking at it right now.  If someone else is too then we can compare stats.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2004, 03:33:39 PM »
Here's what I got:

Samuel: 33

Nephi (son): 88

Alma the Younger (R): 39

Alma the Younger (E): 50

Amulek: 26

Zeezrom: 50

Ammon: 181

Abinadi: 30

Alma the Elder: 48

Captain Moroni: 129
The point calculator linked by Spriggan did not include Exploit Weakness as one of the powers, so I substituted Enhancement for calculation purposes.  I figured Enhancement is to Perplex as Exploit Weakness is to Outwit, and guessed that Outwit and Perplex were balanced costwise.

Helaman: 78

Teancum: 54

Nephi (brother): 62

King Noah: 20

Kishkumen: 63

Nehor: 51

All the figs where it's not specified already I used Experienced for the experience level of the fig.  There are some changes that could be made to the article:

1.  If the points get written in, the blurb towards the end about not knowing how to calculate points should be erased.

2. On Nephi (son) and Abinadi I made a mistake originally, thinking force blast is an attack power.  It's actually a movement (speed) power.

3. On Nephi (brother) I included Invulnerability as a damage power, and it's really a defense power.

Another note: Nehor and Captain Moroni might be little cheap pointwise, as I don't know if the calculator recognized that having telekinesis/mind control and two ranged attacks is significantly more powerful than those powers with one ranged attack.  

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2004, 03:49:58 PM »
yeah. I'll get right on that. Y'know. After I beat minesweeper a few more times.

Should I make a point adjustment to those two figs? If so, how much? 10 points? 20 points? 9000 points?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2004, 04:04:39 PM »
I would recommend, if it's not too late, changing Force Blast to Quake in both instances. Partly because Quake is a more fitting power, able to affect multiple opponents at once, and partly because Force Blast is really awful.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 04:17:41 PM »
Sure - if you haven't made the force blast change already we can switch it to quake.  Quake is an atack power anyways.  That would afftect the point value  - without recalculating everything (and quake not included in the calculator I suspect) - by about +15 points in both cases.  (?)  Also, go ahead and add 15 to Cap. Moroni and 20 to Nehor.  I'd say it's that big of a difference.  But I could be wrong.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 04:53:36 PM »
so.. wait. Am I making any other point changes to the list above besides making the cap 144 points and Nehor 71?

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2004, 05:11:57 PM »
If you changed force blast to quake than add 15 points to Nephi (son) and Abinadi.

Fell: I think force blast would be really cool if they made it a free action useable once per turn.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2004, 09:29:47 PM »
Kije: you're right, that would be cool. As it is it's categorically worse than an actual attack in almost every case; the only time it's useful is if you're a weakling who can push a tougher character away (to escape) or off of a building (to deal 1 click of unreduceable damage...and I'm not even sure if you can still do that under the current rules).
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net