Author Topic: Heroclix: Ultimates  (Read 4520 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Heroclix: Ultimates
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 07:35:14 AM »
doesn't a union jack on clothing usually indicate affiliation with some neo-facist group?

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2004, 01:09:18 PM »
So my grandma decided to send me a bairthday card last month (my birthday was in November.)  It didn't bother me because I don;t expect things like that because I'm terrible myself at remembering everybody's birthday or anniversary or whatever.  Anyways, she put a $10 bill in the card too, and there wasn;t anything I was dying to buy with it, so when I saw an Iron Man R/E/V set for sale on eBay I picked it up.  

Then, I sold some old stuff on eBay that I'd been meaning to sell for a long time and they sold for much, much more than I expected, so I picked up one of these from an auction: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp?unitid=5536

That Ultimates team ability is pretty cool, especially for a ranged fighter.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 04:15:30 PM »
Nice figures. Have you always been an Iron Man fan, or is it just based off of your recent usage of him in our clix games?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

House of Mustard

• Staff
  • Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 04:33:53 PM »
You know, that's a cool model, but I don't think the he's worth the points.  Energy explosion is a cool power, but it isn't always very useful. (How often are your opponents figs all adjacent, and how often does one damage make it worth it?)
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 06:12:29 PM »
Thats why you put him on a team with enhancers, get 3 rookie Psylockes and make him do 4 to every one.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2004, 06:58:58 PM »
He's got pulse wave also.  That's nice.

I have always liked Iron Man.  I haven't followed comic books really, but I rememeber when I was a wee child seeing Iron Man for the first time and thinking that he looked really cool, and I liked the concept.  And he gets points for such a cool name, too.

A few years ago I picked up an Iron Man cartoon video from DI, but they were the old (old old old) cartoons, where Iron Man fought the Soviets and the new technology had to do with "electrical circuits" and such.  

I guess I've always been and Iron Man fan.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 07:01:15 PM by Lieutenant_Kije »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2004, 09:11:16 PM »
That's like me and Green Lantern: I've never really read the comics, but somehow gained a form of intense brand loyalty to him, and to all things pertaining to him.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2004, 10:25:07 PM »
well, having read their comics, at least you chose cool concepts.

Imo of the various incarnations of GL, Kyle Raynor is the best. I know there's this loyalty for Hal Jordan, and I understand why, but it's too... predictable. THe artist Raynor seems like a better choice, even if it is a bit artist fantasy. Plus his costume's cooler.

Iron Man. well. He's really cool. Like the character design and such. But well... like many, many Marvel concepts (X-Men, Cap America...) the character idea was really cool, and the story writing is often lame.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2004, 11:23:41 PM »
I just noticed something, all the Marvelclix figs have TM next to their names while non of the DC characters do.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

House of Mustard

• Staff
  • Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2004, 12:41:11 PM »
It's probably just a little clause in the contracts when they got the rights.  Just a difference in negotiation.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2004, 08:28:21 PM »
Oh I know that's the case Mustard.  I just find it intresting that Marvel wanted that and DC didn't.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2004, 08:47:12 PM »
Just a question so I can clarify what I understand of the rules...

Figure X has a damage value of 1 and ranged combat expert.  X is also adjacent to 2 friendly SHIELD team figures.  Given the SHIELD team ability, X could potentially have a ranged damage of 5, but the rule of 3 says that no stat can be modified by more than 3, so X's max ranged damage would be 4.

Is this a correct statement?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2004, 09:12:40 PM »
correct.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2004, 02:22:15 PM »
Thanks.  So here's another thing I wanted to clarify from the rules:

When I have played with you and Dan before I noticed that when a fig was making multiple ranged attacks, a separate roll was used for each attack.  In the rules it says to make one roll and apply it to all targets.  Were we forgetting this rule or was it a house variation?

Another question about multiple ranged attacks (MRAs).  According to what I understand in the rules, when you make MRAs you take the total damage from your ranged attack and divide it among the targets that you hit.  

Assume then that Fig X has 2 ranged attacks, damage of 2, and ranged combat expert.  (I'm assuming that you can use RCE with multiple ranged attacks; I know there are restrictions on using it with other powers and abilities.)  That would give X 4 damage.  

X makes a ranged attack against 2 targets and the roll is successful against both.  Damage could be divided 2-2, 1-3, or even 0-4 between the two targets.

Is all of this correct?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2004, 08:54:32 PM »
Your assumptions are correct. The reason we played differently before is because the rules used to be different, and I hadn't read the newest version yet. The made some big changes a few months ago, and under the new rules the shots would work the way you suggest.