Author Topic: article: HeroClix Theme Teams  (Read 1582 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
article: HeroClix Theme Teams
« on: October 25, 2004, 02:51:03 PM »
reference: http://www.timewastersguide.com/view.php?id=888

The theme is dead. Long live the theme!

Incidentally, most of those characters in the last team ARE good guys er... gals. At least nominally. I just don't know about that Magdala chick. And it seems that adding a medic doesn't do much to change your theme besides the blades thing, which GL doesn't have any way, right?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: article: HeroClix Theme Teams
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 03:08:45 PM »
Uhm, your formatting failed. It's <i> not , kiddies.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »
When I was your age!... ok, i'll fix it.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 04:13:49 PM »
No, GL doesn't have blades.  But he's a pimp daddy here; pimp daddies don't need blades.  They let the ladies do the work.  

And a medic just to have a medic is so strategically sound it's unpretty.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 12:12:38 AM »
SE, the Ultimates are the Avengers, in Marvel's relaunch of most of their titles three or so years ago. It's also the weakest of the Ultimate titles, though the figs are pretty good in the game.

And Kije, why do you disagree with TK targets being able to attack the same turn? It's basically another type of Charge, but one that you pay through the nose for in your points total. You should have tried the game back when people could attack the same turn they were carried by a flyer--that was downright ridiculous.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 09:02:40 AM »
the whole series are Ultimates? Because there's Ultimate Spider-Man and Ultimate blah blah blah. No non-Avengers in the Ultimates line up?

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2004, 11:28:07 AM »
Saint: the set of figs is called Ultimates, but within that set there are a certain limited number of figs who have the Ultimates team ability.  Spider-Man isn't one of those.

Fell: if flight passengers can't act on the same turn TKed figs shouldn't either.  I see no real difference.  I just don't like the reliance on mandroid armor (cheapest TK) that it presents.  (Is TK really that expensive?)  At least that's what I've seen from the power gamers I've played with.  You get a mandroid armor paired with an Ultimates Thor and you have a fig that can reach all the way across the board for big damage on the very first turn.  Which to me is kinda lame.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2004, 11:53:21 AM »
TK is actualy pretty expensive, mandroid armor has crap for stats.  TK isn't all that "cheap" either in my mind since it's easy to plan for and counter.  Now what's cheap is lots of Black Atoms and Jessey Quicks (HSS+Flying=abuse).  Anyway, you shouldn't have to worry about Mandroids in a while since Clobbering time is getting retired when mutant mayham gets released.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.