Author Topic: Warmachine  (Read 4401 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: Warmachine
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2004, 07:22:32 PM »
I actually had an army designed around Satysix raiders and Skarre...basically it was all about backlash.  I never got around to putting it together though.  Those models are pretty tough to put together (dang horns) and none of them have the undead ability.  IT's a good idea, but it's just not worth it.

Plus, I love McThralls too much

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2004, 12:20:41 AM »
Picture Albert Einstein ripped with muscles, decked out in silvery and bronze magical armor carrying a large glowing pole-arm that crackles with the energies of a thunderstorm. Thats my new favorite sculpt from Warmachine.

http://www.ikwarmachine.com/miniatures/nemo.html

His name is Adept Commander Sebastian Nemo, and he is a powerful (no pun intended) Warcaster, who when paired with the devastating Stormclad just rocks my socks off.  
http://www.ikwarmachine.com/miniatures/previews/cygnar_stormclad_preview.html

Sorcha will always have a place in my heart, but Nemo gives me the reason I've been needing to buy those Arcane Gun Mages, and Stormblade units.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2004, 03:46:03 AM »
Whew, I spent all day and night painting Warmachine miniatures...

3 of em

for those of you not in the know thats a lot of metal... a lot.

I finished Sorcha and a Juggernaut Warjack, and Adept Commander Nemo.

Well actually Nemo isnt quite done, I plan to buy some glow in the dark acrylic paint for his glowing electrical parts. But he's done enough for now...

Sorcha looks good,... and I just smeared a few spots of mithril silver to give the warjack that needs a paint touchup because its been in the filed look...

Nemo however is a cool figure, super cool and Im psyched that I got him, too bad almost all the cygnar Warjacks look lame, except the Stormclad that is.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 03:50:29 AM by ElJeffe »

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2004, 02:40:36 AM »
So after much backbreaking labor I have finished painting a slew of  Warmachine Minis. They wait only to be photographed so you can view them...

I think when I get another box set assembled, I'll do a demo table and photograph a game for a review....

The Mini's I have painted so far...
Commander Sorsha, Khador Warcaster, Juggernaut Warjack, Destroyer Warjack, Unit of Widowmakers, Commandant Irusk Khador Warcaster

Adept Commander Nemo Cygnar Warcaster.

and waiting to be finished....

Goreshade Cryx Warcaster...
Kodiak Warjack
Devastator Warjack

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2004, 12:41:07 PM »
I want to paint my Cryx, but I know I'm going to have to mix paint to do it and that just puts me off.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2004, 12:18:04 PM »
Still dont have a Camera, but with the exception of my Devastator I have all my Warjacks assembled...

The Devastator is a multiple stage build, you have to assemble the Torso, and legs first like the other jacks, then the arms which are 3 separate parts as opposed to just the one that other Khador Jacks and there are the arm guards and a boiler for the back that you cant put on until after you paint. So its painting the torso and legs... the arms, the arm guards, and boiler tomorrow when I get up....

Very involved...

Still I like Khador its a well cast army, and 1/2 as complex as Cygnar.

The Cygnar jacks all have an odd ball and socket style arm join which definitely wont hold up to table play without pinning. Sure this makes poses look better since players can choose a huge variety of poses. Still  even though the Khador socket offers far less range of motion its deeper and its sturdier without as much work.

I like my Kodiak too, I painted it a nice GW Catchacan Green with Gore red highlights (its a more purple red) and brass and silver metal bits.
It has a snow covered base that Im going to add a touch of blue ink to, and looks great next to my Commandant Irrusk mini. The Devastator will have a similar green color with red arms. Basically I was going for a cold war Soviet look that really seems to go with Irrusk's uniform.
I may have to add some Catachacan to my unit of Widowmakers,... Im not entirely satisfied with the reddish battle dress I gave them. even if they are mostly leather colored. Red seems a little bright for a unit of snipers. Sorscha and her Warjacks will stay bright red, because I see her as a more flamboyant and less modern character than Irrusk. All my future Khador units will probably have a greenish or olive drab battle uniform with blood or gore red uniform badges.

When I get the chance I plan on getting a few squads of Winter Guard instead of the Iron Fanged Pikemen so favored by Khador players. Dec is also the month of Winter Guard Mortar teams and I intend to get at least two of these bad boys. I plan to augment my winter Guard with some Greylords and Man of War minis.  I may get another Kodiak or I might get a Berserker just to scare my opponents.

The Khador berserker is a cheap heavy Warjack, but super unpredictable, throwing focus into its cortex is a good war to get it to explode too... making it a very expensive bomb, still one good explosion could take out a warcaster, or equally important unit after a few rounds of HTH...

Im also considering a blitskrieg option, strategy wise. Where I field 3 destroyers or a ton of Man of Wars.  The idea is to psych the enemy out by just having a lot of lead on the table.  (Kind of the reason behind my 3 Winterguard Squad idea)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2004, 12:21:58 AM »
Well it was a cruddy weekend for painting, way to humid yesterday to put on a second thin coat of primer on my devestator. I did repaint my Widowmakers to fit the new color scheme. Then I went down to games parlor and got a squad of Winterguard for about 20 bucks.

I was also able to start my table (its a demo version) 2'x2' with an icy river running through the center (counts as rough terrain, and jacks slammed into it have a chance of shutting down as they break through the ice. Im making two bridges, and I got a lot of snow covered pine trees. Mixed with the barbed wire from a plastic western cowboys and indians toy set and baking powder snow the half thats complete looks pretty good.