Author Topic: Hasbro enters CMG  (Read 1432 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Hasbro enters CMG
« on: January 21, 2005, 07:09:29 AM »
Not only that but they're cheap Heroclix nockoffs and is another Star Wars Mini Game.  http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=88821

Launching later this year is a new turn based miniature game called Attacktix. It combines the stats and strategy of a card-style RPG with the action of a miniature game. Features include firing projectiles or slashing lightsaber attacks, squad creation and RPG stats such as speed or defense. The Attacktix game will feature characters from Revenge of the Sith but will expand to include characters from other Star Wars films. More information on this can be found in Star Wars Insider #80 currently shipping.

they look realy bad, in terms of they're designed for like 5 year olds in mind.  From the looks of them they'll be larger then HC and have moveable parts and even projectiles.

I guess we'll know in May.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Hasbro enters CMG
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 07:24:54 AM »
There was a post on WoTC form from someone who's played the game.

The game is actually sorta fun, though. The figures have a clicky wheel under the base and a counter that registers on top. As you "roll" the figure across the kitchen table, you count the clicks until it's moved up to its allowance. Then you can shoot, slap, or slice at another figure, trying to knock it over. Figures have different abilities and movement distances. Sure, it may seem dopey to those who've mastered the intricacies of the d20 system, but for something to play with the 8-and-under crowd, it has charm.

http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php?p=5223802&postcount=12
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005, 07:25:13 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 10:18:39 AM »
If those look bad I don't wanna see what's bad to you. Man, I remember looking at MK figures and thinking, "wow, these suck." These actually aren't that bad. Aside from the overlarged parts. But that's probably for the whole "knocking down" aspect of the game.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 12:17:52 PM »
Those look pretty cool, actually, and since they're designed for kids between 4 and 8 I can't really complain about the cartoony look or the simplistic rules. Also, as I understand the "clicky wheel" in the base it's nothing like WizKids, it's just a way of counting movement by listening to it roll. Seems like a cool game, especially to introduce kids to mini games.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 05:50:26 PM »
Well in my first post I knew little about it since a google search revealied very little about the game.  I had figured it was a Clix style game designed for 12 year olds.  Now knowing it's different then a Clix I don't think it's a knockoff.  Though I still don't care for the design, though it's been a very long time since I was 8.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 07:14:57 PM »
I'm interested to see how the game does--will kids actually play the game, or just use them like action figures with big bases? It's a cool idea to try to make a minis game for kids that young, but I have doubts that it will work (though I suppose that, really, as long as parents buy them it won't matter whether the kids use the rules or not).
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net