Author Topic: article: HeroClix Feats: Mutant Mayhem, Part 1  (Read 3679 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: article: HeroClix Feats: Mutant Mayhem, Part 1
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2005, 11:54:56 PM »
Fast Ball Special isn't a bad feat if you build a team around it.  Though I noticed one other problem with the card, you have to choose 2 figures at the start.  If you could mix and match it would be better.

Anyway, in our fights there where a few things that stuck out at me.  One is that you you the person throwing attack value, so that you can use a guy with good damage but low attack to hit someone he might normaly have a hard time hitting.

Also it seams to work better in more open spaces then in closed spaces, but the closed area we played in was more hallways and small rooms, so it's worth trying it on a different indoor map.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2005, 12:29:13 PM »
For anyone listening in, Spriggan and I went to the mall last night for our game, and we both played goofy experimental teams: I built my fastball special team and he went with Rip it Up. I don't think either team could survive a normal tournament, but since we were the only two people there it worked out fine. He beat me once, I beat him once, and we got a better idea of how the feats work.

In my opinion, both the feats become better in bigger games. At 300 points you can't really take maximum advantage of the feats and still give your team adequate support; on the other hand, the team I built would be great as the melee half of a 600 point team.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2005, 03:44:35 PM »
It was not mentioned how that Trick Shot also allows you to ignore charaters for line of fire purposes, which Ult/Supes TA does not.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2005, 03:00:37 PM »
I was just reading through the cards again, and I noticed that you can combine Pounce with Blades/Claws/Fangs. That would make Venom a great character to use it with...and he has Super Strength, so he could grab objects, and his starting speed is ten, so he can go really far...hmm. With a good way to keep him healed, that could be very cool. Time to go look up who else has Leap/Climb and Blades.

edit: not very many, Venom is the best choice. Lizard could be good--his dial isn't has strong, but he has two click of regenerate at the bottom to make up for all that pushing.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 03:02:44 PM by Fellfrosch »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2005, 10:13:57 PM »
You cannot combine pounce with B/C/F, official ruleing on the Wizkids bords.  I checked all that stuff as I was writeing the rules.
from Heroclix1234 (I can find one by hair10 if you realy want)

BCF will not work with Pounce.

Pounce requires a power action that allows movement followed by a close combat attack.

BCF requires a close combat action given along the way.

Pounce does not have a close combat action given.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2005, 10:14:10 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2005, 10:22:04 PM »
Here's a list of what Pounce can/cannot be used with besides B/C/F as mentioned above.

Similarly, you cant use Pounce with Quake, Incapacitate, Support, Exploit Weakness or Close Combat Expert.
It can be used with Super Strength, Steal Energy and Probability Control though.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 12:17:25 PM »
Dang, I read B/C/F as using an attack, not an action. That's a bummer.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 05:59:23 PM »
That's how I read it the first time too.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2005, 06:39:55 PM »
Venom would still be great with Pounce, though, for those first five or six clicks of Leap+Super Strength. He's one of the only REV sets I've ever bought from ebay, I ought to use him more.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2005, 06:49:33 PM »
I was thinking pounce with passenger would be cool, though that's 2 clicks of pushing damge.