Author Topic: Buying a HC legacey case  (Read 10378 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Buying a HC legacey case
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2005, 07:17:25 PM »
What will it take? I can get a ton of scrapbook supplies, if that's what you're into.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2005, 09:01:19 PM »
scrapbook = sweet

And on another Heroclix note, I sold my Legacy Wonder Woman Unique on eBay for $19.50.  Sweet.

And I snuck an LE Wade Wilson into it.  Now I only have 2.  SWEET.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2005, 11:56:34 AM »
You want rid of Wade? You send here, one, yes? Gooduntag.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2005, 04:02:11 AM »
Wow I'm glad we decided to do this now, WK only made about half the normal run of boosters/figures for Legacy that they normaly make so most places are allready sold out and cannot get more.  GPP haven't had any for quite a while.

So what does that mean for us?  Well our KC GL, Ares and Ultraman are going to be worth a lot.  Some are speculateing KC GL might reach $50-60 on e-bay.

here's a quote from Bro. Magneto on the subject:
Legacy was the conflux of several elements. We had to plan this set far in advance of its actual release date, because that falls right in the middle of Chinese New Year. During Chinese New Year, our factory shuts down, and this lasts for approximately a month to a month and a half (as they train new workers after New Year).

Unfortunately, the scheduling surrounding Chinese New Year meant that we had to base the print run off of the performance of past sets and hope for the best, because we wouldn't be able to do any re-prints for quite some time - literally, it would hit sometime after Fantastic Forces.

Needless to say, Legacy sold better than we expected. Personally, I attribute it to the good PR campaign around it.

Will this be the trend in the future? No. But if you're planning on buying a case, ten boosters, two boosters, or trying to help your retailer plan for a Marquee, make sure you let your retailer know and make sure that retailer orders early. Early sales are always easier to guarantee, because if a distributor knows how many cases retailers have ordered before a print run commences, we can make sure they have each case they want.

So why did they produce such a small number? Well many distributers have lots and lots of hypertime and Unleashed.  Only Cosmic Justice had previously sold out.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 09:19:43 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2005, 02:51:22 AM »
again I'd like to point out how smart it was for us to buy this early, same place we bought ours is now selling a Legacy case for $150 more then what we paid for it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2005, 11:59:08 AM »
Though I have no intention of selling it, I get on ebay every day and check out the going price for KC Green Lantern. Finally I own a valuable collectible!
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2005, 03:48:04 AM »
KC GL has hit the $70 mark
http://gamingetc.safeshopper.com/1523/15110.htm?458

and both Ares and KC Flash hit $60

http://gamingetc.safeshopper.com/1523/cat1523.htm?458

On E-bay he's hit the low 40s

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2005, 03:52:21 AM »
I noticed today that he's gone down. For some reason, though, the LE Hal Jordan was over $100 last week. I had no idea he was that sought after. He's also the only GL I don't have, so I guess I won't be getting him any time soon.