• View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Bleh
« on: April 08, 2005, 03:48:22 PM »
I've got 3 new sets I have to review

Legacy
Deathknell
Revenge of the Sith

I don't know why Wizards released to different sets at the same time.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Bleh
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 04:13:44 PM »
If you take the two WotC sets, I'll do Legacy.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 04:37:10 PM »
Sounds good,  I just bought a Sith starter and a few boosters (got yoda and Boba Fett too) so I should be able to do those.  I figured that even if we get a full case of Sith, like deathknell, there are multiple people that would like figures so I bought some.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 04:51:16 PM »
I'd like to do some figure-specific reviews of Legacy, for people like The Joker, but I'll start with an overall review.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 04:53:06 PM »
Figure specific reviews are a good idea, but should be seperate from the actual set review like you said.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 05:00:02 PM »
I can do some fig specific stuff also.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 05:27:03 PM »
Then go crazy, good sir. The first one I'm planning is Joker, but you can do anyone else you want.

It's a good thing you bought some Sith stuff, Sprig--their package just arrived and all they sent is one starter and two boosters. Not really enough to go around.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 05:32:02 PM »
Guess I was psychic on this one, we probaly just got lucky on Deathknell, I also take it you got the book?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 06:07:21 PM »
Naturally. I'll pick them up tomorrow.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 07:27:30 PM »
Good deal, these should keep me occupied for the next few weeks.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2005, 09:17:17 AM »
Was just thinking about what things we need to do for tabletop, so I've got a list for different games.

Nessaccery

Clix:

Legacy Feat articles: I need to finish these, didn't really get to far when I initialy started writeing due to rules that were waiting for clairification.

Battlefeild Conditions:  I go a clairification on how these actualy work in tournys, you cannot really build a team aound them due to you can only have one of each card type in your "deck" and once you use it the card is gone for the rest of the tourny, but that also means only one "ordinary day" card can be played by you or your opponent which makes things intresting.

Set review: Ya Fell is on top of this.  My tag line would be "Best HC set you'll never play"

SW Minies and D&D Minies

Set review: Got this covered

SWM Ultimate mission reviews: CS book should be reviewed soon, the RoTS book comes out next month.

Nice if we could do:

Clix

Team Building artilcels: I see these more of filler, at least the ones I write, since they're qucik to do.  I could sit down and, if I've allready made all the teams, write out one every 30 minutes or so.

Individual figure reviews: This is something that hasn't really appealed to me as much as team articles so I've never though about them much, though I am intrested to see what Fell and Kije come up with.  We should decide upon a set format, much like the team builders, so they feal like a series of articles and not random stuff.  I'll be happy to set up a template for all the HTML to give them a little style if you want.

SW Minis & D&D Minis

Team builds: I really don't play this game as much as I should, I should check out to see if GameDen has any action going with it, GPP I like better but I know no one shows up for it there.  I find it harder to do teams unless I play the game often enough to know how tournys actualy work.

Faction review/articles: Due to the simplicity of the figures in these games I don't see much of a reason to do single figure articles unless they're really intresting, instead I was thinking something like EUOL's old Magic articles where he would go over all the colors.  Since these games are very reliant and strict about factions I figure doing one faction at a time would be a good idea.  Again, like teams, it's harder to do without playing as much but in the case of SW minis it's doable since it's not that complex.  However D&D mini's factions are a lot more unique and require a better understanding of each of them.  

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2005, 12:02:53 PM »
I was thinking of something new for tabletop and wanted to run it past you guys, with SW Minis and HeroClix what map you play on can be completly throw a wrench in your team play (especial SW minis) so I was thinking of doing stragies called "Map Advantage" or something similar.  The articles would cover maps for different games and give tips on how to play then with different team types (ie steath, ranges, melee) and suggested team memeber.  There could probaly be many different articles for each map since you could really have many ways to play each one depending on the figures you're useing.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2005, 12:10:47 PM by Spriggan »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2005, 12:46:12 PM »
I know that map choice is a really big deal in major Heroclix tourneys, but it's not something I've ever looked at too closely. I'm almost convinced that map choice is based on your specific team rather than on your basic strategy (ie, some ranged teams are better indoors, some are better out) but I'm sure we could come up with something useful to say about it.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 05:07:41 AM »
Right now maps can make a big difference in SW Minis thats where I got the idea, I figured that adding them for HC might work too.  I was thinking they would probaly be artilces dealing with more basic strageties and teach how you can play a steath team more effecitvly.  But it was just a thought since I was trying to brain storm non-review content for this deparment in this thread and there are lots of things we could possibly do.

I would also be nice to add the warhammer people but that would mean convinceing Entropy and Morag to write articles for this, but there are so many warhammer sites out there and not many for the collectable miniatures so I'd rather focus my time on comeing up with things to fill those niches.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 08:52:22 AM »
Was bored and wandered back onto this thread.  Humm lets see how well we did 2 1/2 months later.

Reviews

Legacy--Not done

SWM-- Done

UM: CS is done RoTS just came out

D&DM-- Done

Rules Articles

Legacy Feats-- Done

Battle Field Conditions-- Not Done

Figure and team articles

HC teams--Several done

HC figures-- Kije gave us one well done article.

D&DM factions, teams, figures-- None done

SWM faction, teams, figures-- None done

Well I think we got the most important ones done (besides a Legacy review but that wasn't something sent to us) but looking at what we didn't get done shows probably that either we didn't see those type of articles as worth our time or as in demand.  Of course about 90% of the things listed here were things for me to do and not something anyone else committed to (besides the Legacy review).

Oh well I'd still like to do a Battle Field Conditions article or two also I was thinking a strategy article on using Giant Figures and double based figures.