Author Topic: Next Wednesday's Game  (Read 21781 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Next Wednesday's Game
« Reply #225 on: June 10, 2005, 01:22:08 PM »
U Thor is a power creep character and way under priced in my opinion, but he is better then Ares.  You probably can get a decent price for him since Legacy had such a small run but I haven't been following prices for those two characters so I wouldn't know.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2005, 11:55:13 AM »
So I sold Ares...for $51!  

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #227 on: June 20, 2005, 08:22:25 PM »
wow that's impressive.   $51 pretty much covers how much in invested in the case though it's too bad we haven't played much sence getting it there are some cool figs in Legacy.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 11:53:11 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #228 on: June 22, 2005, 07:04:23 AM »
This up coming Saturday (25th) is the anniversary of the TWG brawl were we all got together and played Clix.  It's too bad Fell is busy or we could do this again (though without SE).

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 22, 2005, 12:44:05 PM »
We'll have to do one, though.  I've been wanting to have a TWG Heroclix invitational, big multiplayer, for some time.  I've been thinking up scenario rules for good multiplayer, and was thinking of offering a prize (non-heroclix prize, but something anyone would enjoy.)

Following is a list of UT TWGers I know who have played before and might come:
Fell
Sprig
Kije
Prometheus
Morag
EUOL

Of course anyone else who is interested would be welcome! (including any non-UT people that care to be in town)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2005, 12:56:32 PM »
I might be able to come on the 25th, but I doubt it. I have July 5 off of work, if anyone else is in town.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2005, 06:37:40 PM »
I was thinking sometime in the future, not necessarily on the 25th.  Whatever works to get the most people there.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2005, 08:01:43 PM »
July fifth works for me but probably not as well for others like Morag.  Maybe that weekend (8th or 9th).  

Umm ok that got shot down over IM.

I'm going to get the days everyone will be back from vacation and then play for something which looks like will be around the last week of July or sometime in August.

But that doesn't mean us three cannot meet the fifth and play anyway.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 08:12:10 PM by Spriggan »

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 06, 2005, 01:36:07 PM »
Sorry about yesterday - I was indisposed.  But I did get my U Thor!

The thing about him is that people see 12 attack, running shot, 5 dmg anti-stealth and start to freak.  His defense isn't anything to shout about though (he's only got one click of impervious, and he's never higher than 16.)  And aside from that initial running shot and the typical spectrum of damage reducers (imp-inv-tough) he has no powers.  (Well, he does have charge at the end, but who would use charge when you have 10 range anti-stealth?  So that's a fairly useless power.)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 06, 2005, 01:41:22 PM »
I realized the other day that all my favorite figs were Ultimates, which is another reason I picked up Thor.  So far I have collected U Thor, U Iron Man, E/V Cap, E/V Hawkeye, and V Black Widow.  

From the rest of the team I'd like to get my hands on LE Natasha Romanova, LE Clint Barton, and V Scarlet Witch from FF.  Oh, and U Hulk.  That would be nice.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2005, 07:14:09 PM »
I know EUOL has his meeting Wednesday, and I've got home teaching, so that means Fell probably cannot do anything that day but are either of you up for something this Thursday?