Author Topic: Next Wednesday's Game  (Read 21784 times)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Next Wednesday's Game
« on: December 02, 2004, 04:09:26 PM »
Sprig and Fell (and anyone else who wants to join): I thought I'd post some ideas for team restrictions and scenarios for the game we plan on playing next week.

So...some ideas:

- 400 pts., 2 subteams, each subteam must have at least 150 points, 6 starting positions on board, rotating between players (A, B, C, A, B, C)

- All women

- No fig over 60 (or 50, or 70, or 40, or whatever we decide)

- For every named fig you have to have a "generic" one

- Your fig titles must be in consecutive alphabetical order (you can start at any letter, z wraps to a.)  If you have a fig starting with M you have to have an N, unless M is the last figure in your "straight."  I.E. Firelord, Green Lantern, Hellboy, Iron Man, Joker, etc.

- No two figs on your team can have the same ability showing on their dial.  If they do, each fig with that ability loses that ability until they become the only fig on the team with the ability showing.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Next Wednesday's Game
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 06:58:02 PM »
I like the alphabetical one the best, as it seems like it would encourage people to use some of their lesser-used figures without prohibiting any other figures.

Since it's going to be multiplayer and the typical "points for kills" system doesn't work quite as well, what if we come up with some alternate win conditions:

1. Each team has to include a figure with leadership and/or mastermind, and the other teams have to assassinate them

2. Maybe a Battlefield 1942-esque system, where you get 1 point for each turn you "control" certain points on the map. Kind of like playing four games of King of the Mountain at once.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 03:01:54 AM »
I'm fine with what ever, though the only one on Kije's list that stands out is the Alphabetical one.  I don't care for lots of restrictions on team building, though a few are fine.  When building a team becomes more complicated the playing a game is when I loose intrest.  It just takes the fun out of the game.

As for Fell's 1942 idea, there's actualy unofficial alternaite rules for that with MageKnight since the object of tourny games usealy deal with captureing nodes, though they cacultate it just off of who has control of the most after x number of turns.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 11:54:22 AM »
I like the assassinate the leader idea.  Are we going to play at Tage's or my place?  We can do either.

By the way - I wrote up some directions to my place that I will send to you, Fell.  Tuesday and Wednesday nights, correct?  I'll send them tonight to the address on your profile unless you say otherwise.  The directions will be in a Word attachment.  
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 11:54:57 AM by Lieutenant_Kije »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 01:13:03 PM »
Things are actually up in the air right now, but send them anyway. I'll let you know.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 02:53:14 PM »
If it's Tuesday I might be able to come. Wednesday is out again though.  :'(
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 04:08:28 PM »
This is on Wednesday, but I'll be in town Tuesday as well. I'll let you know if we schedule anything.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2004, 11:07:03 AM »
Well, crap. I found out late last night that my wife will be coming to Provo on Wednesday to look at houses, which means that I won't be in Provo either Tuesday or Wednesday nights. I'd prefer to reschedule this for next Monday, but we'll see.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2004, 11:48:52 AM »
No crap!  If it gets you into a house sooner, so much the better.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2004, 01:59:59 PM »
I mostly mean crap because it means I'll be making the trip between Logan and Provo six times this week instead of two.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2004, 02:35:02 PM »
Well then...crap.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2004, 05:56:39 PM »
I second that crap.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2004, 06:19:32 PM »
Actually, with two members gone it appears that D&D is off this week, so Thursday would work really well for Heroclix (and for a guest room in the Kije residence). How does that sound?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2004, 06:41:34 PM »
Okay, scratch everything and start over--the snow here is much worse in Logan, so rather than drive back and forth through it five times we're just going to wait and look at houses on Friday. So I'm in town tonight and tomorrow, and we can do Heroclix tomorrow, and so on. I suggest we do the alphabet idea, 400 points mixed environment, with any specific objectives or alternate win conditions determined when we get there. Who's with me?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2004, 08:57:14 PM »
sure, I'll be there.