Author Topic: tyranids and terain ideas and painting ideas  (Read 2140 times)

rockystop123

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
tyranids and terain ideas and painting ideas
« on: June 27, 2006, 12:09:02 PM »
does anyone have any ideas on painting 'nids or any ideas on terain to make

and I need a little help on how to paint rubble

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: tyranids and terain ideas and painting ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 11:57:16 AM »
Rubble - uhm, you tried just spraying black then multiple layers of successively lighter grey?

Tyranids - they have things in the codex for terrain for the nids, but generally anything that looks icky and vaguely incectoid (overlapping layers of chitin for example) should do the trick.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: tyranids and terain ideas and painting ideas
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 01:48:41 PM »
I was going to reply to this earlier.

In my painting classes, when painting rocks and the like, we'd use a stumble brush technique. This is where you use a flat or a oval wash brush, then dry brush the paint on in a sort of jittery motion. Repeat stumble passes in varied colors, paying attention to where you want your highlights and shadows.

You can also use a sponge, but your are more likely to get an unintended pattern showing up if your not careful.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.