Author Topic: DC Collateral Damage  (Read 7558 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: DC Collateral Damage
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 03:32:26 AM »
There's a promotion going on too, 4 box bottoms from any booster, except armor wars, and the receipt for those boosters and you can get a free random unique from CD

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/products.asp?cid=40492

Dono if I'm going to do this, I do have some left over booster bottoms but don't have the receipts any more.  I'll have to think about it since that would mean buying more Icons or Fantastic Forces.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 12:20:14 PM »
There is some dang good stuff in there, though the best is still that Clayface mail-away. I'm going to have to find some way to get that.

It susprises me that they still use Elizabeth Bell as a sculptor--find a sculpt you hate and the odds are good she did it. Some of their other sculptors (like Steve Suanders, Brian Dugas, and Jeff Grace) are so good, with cool, dynamic figures, and Bell's are so static and ugly.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 03:58:05 PM »
I'm very impressed with this new designer--the new figures are becoming very interesting, and look like they'd actually be unique to play (instead of just the same four powers repeated endlessly on every tough figure).
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 08:26:25 PM »
Some great sculpts like the 2 different ones for the GL and Red Tornado, the Emerald Empresses and I love that black mask sculpt.  Kalibak is a beast for only 140 points, I can see him getting played quite a lot.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2005, 04:39:23 AM »
Well Seth more or less posted today in the WK forums that he doesn't like how previous sets handed out 10+ attack values and he's only giving those to people he thinks truly deserve it because there should be more chance in HC.  So now everyone is complaining since in Icons there were such high defenses that none of the new figures can hit anything.  I'm glad he's doing that, all the 11-12 attack values were getting out of hand.

However I do wish there was a better variety of Villain TAs in the set, they're all Calculator with 2 batman enemy villains and a few mystics.  What's the point of giving 80% of the villains in the set the wildcard TA?

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2005, 01:49:26 PM »
That does seem very weird. It's probably more a function of the set contraints than of the design--he was told to do certain characters, and he's just doint them as best he can.

The general impression I am getting about Seth is that he's an awesome figure designer but a poor set designer. He doesn't seem to think about how the figures will work together, or with past sets, he just takes each fig and does it in a vacuum.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2005, 02:51:05 PM »
Finally a large-size DC figure, and it even comes with a Hal JOrdan! (In one incarnation, it is Hal Jordan.) Why must they torment me? That's going to be expensive to pick up.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/products.asp?cid=40502

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2005, 05:57:19 PM »
I MIGHT have a connection to get this for around cost + some reinbercement, one of the guys at Dragonskeep who goes to the trade shows in the summer for the store said he'd pick me up one if it was a DC fig since he only like marvel.  And since he goes to the dealer show he's guaranteed one.

We'll have to see though.

Another option is abusing Stacer, she'll probably be going to at least on Con that it'll be at, maybe we could convince her to stand in line for us?

Also I wouldn't be surprised to see Hal as a mailaway like Dark Phonex was on Armor Wars since they can probably make more of him, the huge Spector though has been limited to 5k only by DC.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 06:02:57 PM by Spriggan »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 11:10:09 PM »
Obviously I'm far more interested in Parallax than Specter. We shall have to see.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2006, 05:38:20 AM »
Parallax's stats are up and the WK forum has erupted into "he sucks", I personally disagree but do think he's a tad expensive for the powers he's got unless they forgot to add the Quintessence TA to him (willpower plus powers can't be countered)

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc/figuregallery.asp?unitid=10645
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 06:07:41 AM by Spriggan »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2006, 12:19:19 PM »
He already has a bit of Willpower, which I doubt they'd do if he had it already through a TA. He's really a pretty good figure, though none of his movement powers are very good (Phasing is only occasionally useful, and Force Blast sucks). Not worth 270, but not horrible.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2006, 12:27:56 AM »
Here are my CD extras:

Ragman R/V
BlackMask R/E/V
Trickster V
Azrael R
Katana Rx2
Dr. Midnight E
Fire R
Speedy R/E
Green Lantern Rx2
Man Hunter E/V
ClayFace V
Metamorpho Rx2
Geoforce E
Monsieur Mallah X3
Guardian

Don't haves
Vixen V
Trickster R
Dr. Midnight V
Fire E
Ice R
Shadow Lass R/V
Captain Cold E
Elongated Man R
Blue Devil R/E/V
Black Lightning E
Green Lantern E
Manhunter R
Metamorpho E
Emerald Empresses R/E
Dr. Light R
Superman R/E/V
Red Tornado E/V
Geo-force R
OMAC E/V
Mart Marvel E/V
Monsieur Mallah E/V

Felix Faust
Crimson Avenger
Jonah Hex
Captain Boomerang
Owlman

Aside from the Uniques being easier to get I'm not quite sure if the distribution is better then normal sets, though hands down it's better then Icons.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2006, 12:55:32 PM »
I'm very interested in three of your extras: V Ragman, V Clayface, and E Geoforce. I don't think I have any extras you don't though.

edit: They're not extra, but I do have three or four of the ones your missing that I would be willing to trade. Maybe I should wait and see what I can trade for Krypto, and try to pick up some of the stuff you're looking for.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 01:01:55 PM by Fellfrosch »

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 10:13:34 PM »
Should have come to DK this week Fell, there aren't as many people now due to school being out and I walked away with first using Injustice League.  The guy that we didn't like moved away from Utah apparently so he's not there anymore.

I won Kyle and traded for LE Clayface (second place) as well as did some other trading.  Got the U Juggernaut and LE Cain Marko plus LE Spider Woman and Plastic man.