Author Topic: Marvel: Sinister  (Read 7777 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Marvel: Sinister
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 01:40:16 PM »
This is interesting: they finally do Multiple Man, and it looks like they took an interesting route with him. He'll be hard to collect, but could be a lot of fun.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/products.asp?cid=40767
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 12:41:36 AM »
Looks like the figure gallery is full, or close to full, and aside from all the Spidy goodness there's not much else that stands out to me.  Then again aside from Spidy there's not many characters in this set I even reconize.

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/marvel/figuregallery.asp?releaseid=78
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 09:24:28 AM »
wow, there's some surprisingly chibi looking deathloks. For a guy that's essentially a cyborg zombie, I find that hilarious.

I'd be all over a scarlet spider. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm willing to PAY for a scarlet Spider

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 12:40:05 PM »
The ones I want are all uniques (Stilt-Man, Venom, etc.) though of course Spidey is cool. I've always been a fan of Mockingbird, too, for no good reason that I can think of.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 10:05:20 PM »
It probably has a ton to do with the fact that I don't collect anymore, but I look through the dials on the figs and I end up saying "oh yeah, another one of those," or, "there's that dial again."  I mean, I'm sure there are differences here and there but it seems like dial-wise there's not a whole lot of new going on.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 10:05:49 PM by Lieutenant_Kije »

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 10:56:31 PM »
I agree. Collateral Damage had some "new" dials, but even before that it's been a while since we've seen any real dial variety.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 12:08:57 AM »
Looks like some of the spidermans in this set are transporters though they've been misprinted as non-transporters.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

bigME

• Level 1
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Your mom says hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2006, 05:43:30 PM »
quesion. should I go for the $95. clixbrix for the promo or get it for $65 on line. I know it's up to me how much I spend. But is it going to be worth it to go for the extra?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2006, 06:07:03 PM »
Well here's the big question, do you want a venom?

He'll be up on e-bay but might end up costing you $30, I haven't followed krypto's price so I don't know how they're selling.

If you don't care about Venom then buy online.  The collectors packages are quite expensive, about $50 if you live in the us and around $100 if you live outside (including Canada for some reason), and each figure goes for about $10 on e-bay.

So if you wanted Venom and every figure in both of the collectors sets it might be a little cheaper to buy it in the store.  But that also depends on the fluctuating priceing of Ebay.

bigME

• Level 1
  • Your mom says hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2006, 06:14:39 PM »
This is true. I have seen some of those stuoid dogs go for $30. And of coarse the giants have been going for around $8+ each. The Venom could be really cool. Just wish I knew what they were coming out w/ next as far as promo to see if it was really worth it. And another ? do know where i can check out all the figures for sinisters?  It seems as if Wizkids has taken it down. Thanks for the reply. :o

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2006, 06:22:06 PM »
Well the next collector sets are Invincible and GL Corps and you can find a list of who's in each of those on various websites, but no stats have been released which is dumb. WK needs to get in to shape when it comes to asking people to buy a certain amount then not previewing the bonus figures until after the set comes out.

As for the gallery, It should be back up sometime soon (maybe a day or two), they were having some database problems where figure dials weren't displaying correctly.

bigME

• Level 1
  • Your mom says hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2006, 06:28:34 PM »
so many decisions. I am new to heroclix as of last month and have just been trying to research them as much as possible. I am hopeing to go to the Cali. Gen Con in Nov. So I have to ask what is GL?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2006, 06:31:14 PM »
Green Lantren.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2006, 11:54:25 AM »
I think they assume that the stats for the collector's sets are less important, because people buy them primarily as collectors rather than players. I sure want that GL set, though--too bad I'm poor.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »
Ya, but considering that the giant's are going for $8-$10 a figure you could reasonably pick up one or two of the figures if you really like them.  I thought people would be selling them for twice that much.